Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2015, 11:57 AM   #1

New to forum new to us Sunseeker

I thought I would take a moment and share my thoughts on our new to us 2009 Sunseeker 2860ds. We bought it two months ago with 11000. miles. The coach was is near new shape except for the fact that it appeared to have lived it's life in the sun as the driver side graphics are cracked. We just finished a 3000 mile trip through southern Utah and I thought I would share what we have done to the coach and what we have learned about it.

Things we have done so far: New tires (the originals were sun checked). Firestone airbags with remote controlled on-board compressor. Skid wheels (we have a steep driveway entry). New memory foam mattress. Added Bulldog keyless entry. Added Ultragauge EM plus (obdII ecu monitor) monitors mpg and much more. Added Garmin GPS (we call her Penny LOL).
Added range top cover. I made kitchen sink covers and replaced the counter top drop down extension with one I made (much bigger).
Installed bedroom tv with swing out mount. Removed ugly rear bedroom wall border and replaced it with wood. Replaced bathroom ceiling vent cover, it was falling apart due to sun exposure. Added vent covers so we can leave them open while traveling.

Things I have found wrong with the coach so far: One of the fresh water tank monitor wires was not connected (2/3 full). One of the grey water monitor wire connections was bad so it never showed full when it was. There was a plastic film inside the shower skylight that should have been removed when installed. it made it a yellow color instead of bright white.
The Battery controller module failed at Bryce Canyon NP. Had to hold the battery disconnect switch until chassis would start. There was no power to the chassis other wise.

This is not my first RV so I figured I would have to dial it in. I think we are getting close. The next project is to build an entertainment unit to close up the overhead bunk area, and then remove the cabinet door mounted tv.

Final comment. The dealer PDI was a waste of time. He didn't even mention we had 2 gray water tanks.
Glad to be here!
Airlift remote compressor system
Ultragauge EM Plus OBDII monitor
BendOrLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:02 PM   #2

Welcome aboard!

Seems you already have your "ModSquad" card.. Have not been to Utah since my TDY days at Hill.
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:07 PM   #3

Thanks Hoglou. I forgot a couple of other things I have done. I added a satellite receiver and antenna to the aux input on the radio and wired a switch so I can keep power to the radio as long as I want.
We really enjoy southern Utah.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:38 PM   #4

life is good......

We do enjoy the direcvtv in the evening for sure. For jams we have a xm roadie (removable module) we use in the jk toad and as well as in the coach. Along with a little bosch drill and charger we haul with us I have the small stereo bosch radio that takes the same batteries, long story short we have xm outside while we camp, ah, glamp.
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:41 PM   #5

Welcome from Florida!!! Also didn't know about the second gray tank for a few weeks.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:36 AM   #6

Sounds great. I just got the same model lightly used and love it. I have not done any mods yet though.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:59 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmacklem View Post
Sounds great. I just got the same model lightly used and love it. I have not done any mods yet though.
I hope yours works out for you. For us.. so far so good.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:47 AM   #8

Welcome. Always love borrowing ideas from fellow RV'ers. Happy Travels.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker