Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2014, 05:14 PM   #1

new to M.H, looking at 2650

Hello guys, i'm french canadian so please bear with my frenchglish

Im looking seriously at the 2650 model, i would prefer the 3010 but our city bylaw dont want that size in my driveway, it would be too close from the curb...anyway

For 2650 owner how do you like that size, im not planning for a toad right now, so it is way too big or manageable in traffic and small town and or village ?

Do you think it would be possible to remove the dinette easily, i mean without scrapping everything ? I would like to install 2 small lazy boy instead.

Now regarding the front cap, the one im looking for is a 2015 low miller with a window in the front cap, it is a deal breaker for you, am i looking for trouble with this set up

The mh have only 7000 miles its a 2015 they ask 65k remember were in canad$

Thanks for your input
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:11 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Most people don't do the front window due to all the old ones leaking. However, these days, they're all built with aluminum framing (no wood to rot).

We don't build as many front windows as we used to, but we never have any problems with them.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:43 PM   #3

Consider that replacing dinette with lazyboys will loose the storage under dinette seats. How important is that to you?
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:16 PM   #4

Oh, thats good to know , thanks , but let ask one more, why peoples keeps promoting the front fiberglass cap, and what are the real advantages, please understand that i want to buy fun, that i dont mind to maintain my m.h, however i dont want to buy a flaw in a design if i can do differently, but hey thanks a million for your input !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Most people don't do the front window due to all the old ones leaking. However, these days, they're all built with aluminum framing (no wood to rot).

We don't build as many front windows as we used to, but we never have any problems with them.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:22 PM   #5

well thats what i realised this afternoon....all the storage is important so i will reconsider my idea

I just wonder how comfortable is the dinette for tv watching in the evening ? Can you remove and or reinstall easylie the table completely from the wall ?

Also i forgot to look, can you move the armchair around or it is bolted to the floor ?

Thanks a million for your input guy, its good to have a place to go like here, that take a bit of the stress away before buying this expensive toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblerGuy View Post
Consider that replacing dinette with lazyboys will loose the storage under dinette seats. How important is that to you?
Old 08-19-2014, 10:39 AM   #6

Glad you're thinking about a Sunseeker. I bought a 2650 with the sofa. It was easy to remove and put in two reclinliners. There is so much storage I never would have needed the storage under the dinette seats. Although we didn't need the upper bunk so we converted that into storage.
TomG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:54 PM   #7

Thanks Tom, i appreciate the input , how did you secure the recliners , with tie down , or bolted to the floor ?

Ill take my time and ill use the m.h as is, and see what i really need or really want !

Are you satisfied with yours? Anything that i should know before taking the plunge ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomG View Post
Glad you're thinking about a Sunseeker. I bought a 2650 with the sofa. It was easy to remove and put in two reclinliners. There is so much storage I never would have needed the storage under the dinette seats. Although we didn't need the upper bunk so we converted that into storage.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:13 PM   #8

I used seat belts from sofa. Unit is just the right size. I can pull a toad or travel without one which is how we are going to Alaska next summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
TomG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:59 PM   #9
Bus Driver

We have a Forester 2651 which is the Forester equivalent. I like the length for traffic. Ours has the Sofa in place of the dinette and we have no storage issues. There is only two of us and a medium size dog. The Chair is bolted to the floor but does swivel and also moves toward the rear with locking positions
Deaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:01 PM   #10

Thanks ! May i ask why the forester ? Is there any difference in quality or fit and finish ?
Old 08-20-2014, 10:25 AM   #11
Bus Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer1959 View Post
Thanks ! May i ask why the forester ? Is there any difference in quality or fit and finish ?
I am told that the Forester series offers more appointments that are standard that are listed as options in the Sunseeker Line. A Buick verses a Chevrolet
The Quality should be the same. They are literately built on the same line at the same time, same workers.

Personally, I would skip the the Front Window. Forest River might not have problems with them but, why invite a potential issue in the future
Deaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:36 AM   #12

For watching TV I bought a 15 inch flat screen and mounted it just just above the dinnette on a swivel wall mount arm. Secured to the panel behind driver's seat. No sore neck now for years.
Travelers not Campers is offline   Reply With Quote