Ok, not a total newbie here for camping, but definitively in the motorhome world. I have camped for several years in a pop up and decided to skip TT and 5ers and go straight to class C. We are the happy new owners of 2008 Sunseeker 3120DS and are attempting to get familiar with our new ride. I want to start this thread to both document my upgrades, but also to ask questions of all of you forum members who are much smarter.
Items addressed so far:
1) Oxygenics showerhead ordered
2) Oil Changed in Engine
3) Oil checked and in good shape in gen
4) Top sealed by RV Dealership(Appears to have fiberglass roof-I can not tell)
5) Removed overhead entertainment center and relocated TV to cabinet over jack knive couch.
6) Replaced kitchen faucet
7) Purchased blue Ox tow bar(I had been holding out on ordering my new custom bumper for jeep, got it ordered and the builder is adding the tow brackets prior to painting bumper)
Next on the list:
1) Progressive industries EMS
2) Completion of overhead bunk by building peice to cover opening over cab
3) Rewiring of overhead to TV
4) Check water heater element and replace anode
1) Should I leave the hotwater heater on entire time while camping?
2) Will WH run on electricity only or does it run on both all of the time?
3) How do I get it to run on propane only, as I am dry camping this weekend.
4) Any issues with driving 7 hours with full fresh water tank?
Thanks for your help...more to come