Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2012, 02:25 PM   #1

Newb question about 3010DS winterizing

Hi all, I'm so relieved to find these active forums full of helpful people! This is my first RV so I've been lurking and learning all summer.

With thanks in advance, could I please ask a question about the low point drain(s) on my new 3010DS? I'm pretty sure these are toward the rear under the passenger side. There are a pair of tubes, red and blue. The red tube has a twist cap on it, the blue tube does not. In fact the blue tube isn't threaded at all for a cap.

I'm trying to drain the fresh water tank and when I opened all the faucets and pulled the cap off the red tube only a little water came out. I'm suspecting that maybe I'm also supposed to have a cap on the blue tube? Or is there another drain elsewhere?

Thanks!
HighwayStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #2

There,s a valve in the compartment for the blue line. there is no cap on the blue
johnhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #3

Sure enough! The compartments in the compartment. Thanks very much.
HighwayStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #4

I am in the process of winterizing my 2300. Where does the red tube go?
jtrippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #5

The red pipe with the cap on it is the low point drain for the hot water lines.

Bypass the water heater by reaching in the deck plate (hole) under the bed. There are three valves. The top and bottom ones should be turned perpendicular to the water line (closed position) . The center valve should be turned parallel to the line (open or bypass position) .

Drain the water heater by removing the plug with anode rod. It takes a 1 1/16 socket. Then remove the cap from the red pipe underneath. Starting at the faucet farthest away, open the hot water faucets.

The cold water drain is the blue pipe. It has a valve on it located in the back of the storage compartment (behind another compartment door) . This drains the fresh water tank and is low point for cold water lines. Also in that compartment is the water filter. Remove it for winter.

Some people connect an air compressor (40psi max) to the city water connection to further blow out the lines. Add some RV antifreeze to the sink traps and toilet and you're done.