Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2013, 06:07 PM   #1

Newbee Sunseeker Owner

Hello
I recently purchased a 2014 Sunseeker 2900. And we love it. I am getting ready to winterize it this weekend. Up here in Buffalo, we are lucky we didn't see snow yet. Any help will do. I am semi sure of what I have to do. Just overly cautious and nervous, I don't want to screw this up. Thank you all in advance!!
Scootdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrys
Hello
I recently purchased a 2014 Sunseeker 2900. And we love it. I am getting ready to winterize it this weekend. Up here in Buffalo, we are lucky we didn't see snow yet. Any help will do. I am semi sure of what I have to do. Just overly cautious and nervous, I don't want to screw this up. Thank you all in advance!!
Nothin really to screw up, you just under perform the steps necessary to prevent a freeze damage. Use the forums search engine Winterize and you'll find tons of ideas.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #3

Hello
We had a 2900 until recently. Two problems we had with ours.
1. if you remove the filter to winterize, make sure you wipe the threads dry. Our fist spring dewinterizing, our fliter canister leaked. There was a crack in the threads. Must have been some water on the threads, froze and cracked it. Pain in the neck to put new filter assembly in. The dealer (RVone) didnt have the canister, so I had to put a whole new filter in.
2.Make sure you run the antifreeze through the outside shower! We never used it and I forgot to run antifreeze through it. Cracked Valve!!!

Does yours have an auto gen switch? The reason I ask is... we were dry camping for 4 days. I ran the gen everyday to recharge the batts. Well, one night after our nightly campfire visits with friends, we turned in for the night. It was chilly, the wife wanted the heat on. So I switched on the furnace. Furnace fired up, but lights went dim,, then all of sudden I kept hearing a loud banging noise. What the " "! I went outside trying to figure out where it was coming from. It was near the generator. Turned off the furn for the night. The only thing I could think of was that the batt were too low to run furn fan and the generator tried to start, but batt was too low for it to kick over. WIERD. Next morning I started engine, charged batt for a few. Then started the gen. Everything was fine. Would love to know if you ever experince it. Just on of those things.
One more thing,, while driving downtown Salem Ma, in rush hour, our GPS RESET! Not fun.

Good luck with your 2900. It is an affordable, great class c, in my opinion.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #4

Ok, completely off topic, but there are only a few 2900 owners out here. I have a 2014, 2900. If you are able, could you verify the location(s) of your vent stack on the roof? I know strange question, but my coach only has one sewer vent on the roof, behind the fridge vent. I always thought that every RV has a grey vent, and a separate black vent protruding from the roof. Curiosity is killing me.
4Gcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:09 AM   #5

Location of Grey Tank Vent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Gcampers View Post
Ok, completely off topic, but there are only a few 2900 owners out here. I have a 2014, 2900. If you are able, could you verify the location(s) of your vent stack on the roof? I know strange question, but my coach only has one sewer vent on the roof, behind the fridge vent. I always thought that every RV has a grey vent, and a separate black vent protruding from the roof. Curiosity is killing me.
The black tank vent is on the roof of our Sunseeker 3100. It appears that the grey vent is under the bathroom sink. The bath sink drain has a standpipe with a vent/vacuum breaker on it. After we have been dry camping for a few days and can't dump, when driving the grey water sloshes back and forth and will push odors into the bathroom. We never get grey water into the bath, but if the tank is nearly full it will push water out of the shower's trap.

When I drain the grey tank, at about half empty the flow will slow down, then suddenly speed up when the vacuum breaker opens.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #6

You probably discovered the vac vent should only allow air in to allow drain flow to the tank. If it allow tank vapors into the coach, its defective, can buy in Depot.
As to the roof vents I had two class "Cs" where both vents were joined in the wall as a single discharge. Never vent any waste tank to the living space.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:33 AM   #7

Grey Tank Vent

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
You probably discovered the vac vent should only allow air in to allow drain flow to the tank. If it allow tank vapors into the coach, its defective, can buy in Depot.
As to the roof vents I had two class "Cs" where both vents were joined in the wall as a single discharge. Never vent any waste tank to the living space.
I wondered about the possibility of the vents being joined out of sight.

However, we do get odors into the bathroom and they are stronger in the cabinet under the sink. There's no real problem since this is just temporary due to driving with a full tank.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker