Old 10-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #11
Sunseeker Lore

Thanks all for the replies. Still haven't found the bypass valve nor the slide mechanism. Our slide is the 'dinette' and the storage compartment beneath it contains the generator. There are no access holes in the 'roof' of the compartment. Haven't got a picture of the aft storage compartment yet, but finger pressure deflects the floor enough to make me still worry about the tool box. To quote one reply, the manual is best used for starting fires. We are about to go on our first trip week after next; 5 days in NC. Hope to learn a lot by doing. Afterwards, I think, we'll plan a trip back to the dealer to ask the questions that we didn't know enough to ask the first time.

Again thanks

Geri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #12
The bypass valve is normally on the rear of the water heater. I don't know where the water heater is on your model but find it on the outside then go in the coach and figure out how you can get to the back of it. On my Sunseeker the bypass valve reuires me to remove a drawer near the kitchen sink then reach through and around a corner. On my toyhauler it's easily reached right behind a cabinent door.

ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #13
On our Class A, the back side of the water heater (inside a closet at floor level) has a tube going between the hot and cold pipes to/from the heater. When open to the heater cold line, water from either the on-board pump or the city line goes into the WH. With the valve closed to the cold line, water (or compressed air or antifreeze) goes straight across, without going to the heater.

If you're winterizing by blowing the lines, you can figure out which way to turn the valve by firstly draining the heater (open the pressure relief valve to let air in as the water drains). Then hook up the compressed air source and turn the by-pass valve until you don't hear any air coming out the PRV. That's the "by-pass" position of the valve.

Some systems have shut-off valves on both hot and cold pipes.

Frank and Eileen
No longer RVers or FR owners
F and E Damp is offline   Reply With Quote