Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2015, 10:33 AM   #1

Newbie LED Questions

Stove hood bulb failed. Planning to move dinette bulb there. And then replace the dinette bulb with an LED. My head's closer to that one & it's warm. Then will replace any other bulbs when they fail with LED's.

Problem is there's too much info on the net about LED's.

I know I need a 921 wedge. And a lot of people suggest warm white (even though it's more blueish) vs cool white (as it's too bright).

I am not on ebay.

I have some Amazon gift cards to use. Could someone please check the Amazon link below & let me know if these are OK? There's quite a few reviews from RV'ers that recommend them. I would like a confirmation from Sunseeker owners though since I know next to nothing about LED's.

Note we don't boondock much that much so this is mostly about lower heat.

Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/GRV-13-5050-We...warm+white+led
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 11:37 AM   #2

On my mobile so I'll check when I get home. I don't recall the range light bulb being the same (921 wedge ). That could of been my TT I had before though.
Old 01-17-2015, 12:30 PM   #3

Much like you, I too was swamped with info on LED's and not on E-Bay. I trolled Amazon and a few other places and settled on the same ones you listed. I first bought a 10 pack and tried them out. They did not get hot, and they seemed just a little bit dimmer than the normal incandescent bulbs. The wife and I played and talked about them for a while. We then bought 10 more and replaced all our interior bulbs with the LED's listed. We have not camped with the LED's but we have spent so time in the camper at night. We feel those bulbs will work for us. They are more of a natural light, vice yellow which we like.
Old 01-17-2015, 12:40 PM   #4

Just keep in mind they are polarity sensitive. If they don't come on turn them around. I think the RV community LEDs have a ways to go. I bought about 8 bulbs and 2 have already started blinking on one of the LEDs. The dealers take them back but Amazon, not sure.
2015 Keystone Bullet Travel Trailer
2016 F-150 Lariat with Auto Trailer Backup
Dog = Morki (Yorkie-Maltese) - Zoe
Malabarbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by funfinder5 View Post
On my mobile so I'll check when I get home. I don't recall the range light bulb being the same (921 wedge ). That could of been my TT I had before though.

OP here - I am at the RV and already swapped the dinette 921 to the stove hood light and it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
'94 Coleman Cedar Pop Up
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 09:39 PM   #6

Replace the range hood with a whit LED. I just plugged it in and let just sit in the plastic cover. Best light upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, newbie