Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2015, 09:09 PM   #1
Gio

Newbie needs help, Sunseeker Ford E-450 Driver Seat Question.

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie, my wife and I have narrowed our search down to the Sunseeker 2500ts Ford Chassis or 2400r MBS Sprinter Chassis.

My wife like the roomier feel of the wider 2500ts on the Ford, however I feel like the driver's seat on the similar 2400r MBS slides further back allowing for more leg room for the driver. I think comfort is important not just when stationary but when driving as well.

- Will the available power seat option on the Ford allow the seat to move further back than the non-powered seat I tested out?

- If I ordered the swivel base option will this improve the back and forward extension or make it worse?

- Does anyone know of an aftermarket product/option (maybe an available seat track extender) for the E-450 chassis that will improve the leg extension and comfort.

I just haven't had any luck searching the forum or google. Maybe I'm just not using the right terms or searching in the wrong place.

If anyone has any information or can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
Gio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 09:43 PM   #2
Average Joe

I have the 2450f with the swivel seats. Sliding my seat back, it hits the slide. At 6 feet, if I were much taller it'd be uncomfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 09:44 PM   #3

We just went from a Solera 24r to a Sunseeker 3010ds for more room. You will however have more room in the drivers seat in the mbs vs. the ford.
Trail blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:28 PM   #4
Gio

Thanks guys for the info, much appreciated!
Gio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 01:23 PM   #5

I find the cockpit of the MBS to be very spacious. I can put the seat so far back I can barely reach the pedals, and I'm 6' even.
ericlakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 02:24 PM   #6

Unfortunately the ford cab has a well deserved reputation of being less spacious than the mbs or Chevy cab. I doubt there is much you can do to improve it....and as others mention, the slide is often in the way anyway. That being said, I am large ( more wide than tall &#128512 and it's not that bad. I could see how someone much over my 6'2' would have serious issues though.
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, newbie, sunseeker