Old 04-18-2014, 11:20 AM   #11
GM

Leaning? Who knows. Could be an optical illusion.

Danger? I'm not sure there is other than what happens when that step hanging out hits something at 75mph. Integrated step is just simpler. We drop the sidewall down to lower that first step. It was only 1" higher than when we had a power step.

Benefits? No waiting for the step to power out. No rusted steps. No worry about step hitting curb when going out. When you lose battery power, you still have a step. If you notice in Class C's almost every single mfg has followed our lead on it.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:14 PM   #12

OK thanks, I wasn't sure what happened, I do understand the logic, but never thought about that LOL... The electric steps are nice, but I have had the issues you listed. So, I have a manual 2 step on my toyhauler and FMC motorhome. A majority of places we RV have uneven camp places and it always seems to be high on the entry side when leveled. is the 2014 2860DS reinforced enough in the entry space to mount a Thin manual step? I can only say I never have left with the step down in 40 yrs of RVing, might be my OCD kicking in LOL... I see nice stand alone steps but just another item taking up valuable cargo space.

thanks,

RON

Old 04-18-2014, 01:29 PM   #13
GM

We use a metal step wall. No reason you couldn't add a pull out step.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:00 PM   #14

Thanks bc,
for the info as well as the downside. I'd rather have the +/- to make a decision!
Old 04-19-2014, 08:30 PM   #15

I just made a plywood box and wrapped it with indoor/outdoor carpeting. 12x24x6. Also doubles as a door mat to wipe your feet before entering.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app

Tags
sunseeker