Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2014, 11:33 AM   #1

No Entry Step on 2014 Sunseeker

Wondering how many of you guys do not have an entry step into the coach. Got home and couldn't believe there wasn't one. Guess that is an option, but it shouldn't be. Thanks for any feedback.
Bednarski1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:59 AM   #2

The low step well is your entry step. For those with weak knees or short strides it can be a challenge to go from ground to the first step. I bought an aerobic step rather than an RV type seen at Camping World: Amazon.com: Stamina Aerobic Step: Sports & Outdoors

We love it. Very strong but lightweight. I might even use it for aerobics

Bobby
bgilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:12 PM   #3
Always Learning

Expensive, but nice because each foot can be adjusted height-wise:
Old 03-19-2014, 02:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bednarski1 View Post
Wondering how many of you guys do not have an entry step into the coach. Got home and couldn't believe there wasn't one. Guess that is an option, but it shouldn't be. Thanks for any feedback.

when sunseekers remodeled in 2010 step was eliminated and entryway lowered.one less thing to go wrong it is not an option.
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:26 PM   #5

We have the one that ependydad has pictured works very well for our sunseeker.
lbrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:38 PM   #6
Plain Old Member

We had similar to ependydad / lbrunning as well when we had the Forester. I wouldn't consider NOT having a step a bad thing. Just one less thing to break, referring to the Kwikee electric steps typically seen on motorhomes. I was kind of happy to see the stepless design when we had bought it. We had our kwikee electric steps crap out a few times on our Class A, and it's quite a jump without them.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:47 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Not an option. By design, to prevent things like this...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Steps.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	48027  

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:15 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Boy that must be a Heavy Step-Lean Baby Lean! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:08 PM   #9

I'm very happy to have the integrated step. One thing you could make is a self-storing step. Basically a wooden box with a grab hole in the top. Make it 9" wide by 16" long x 6" high. At that size it will store for travel on the first step inside the door. Or, make it more than 16" long, and store it in the step, but instead of having it flat, store it on one end. That way it gives you plenty of room to walk around it, and you won't have to bend down to grab the upper end of it.

One other thing if you build a step like this. You need to cut the bottom edge of the box so that you have "feet" sticking down about an inch at each corner. Think of a chest of drawers at home, you know how they have the opening across the bottom? You need that with the step because you will not be setting it on pool-table level surfaces.
Snowman9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:57 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I was wondering the same thing BC.. why is the MH leaning? What is the danger of a fold up mounted step? or for that matter a electric one?

Ron
asparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:20 AM   #11
Commercial Member

Leaning? Who knows. Could be an optical illusion.

Danger? I'm not sure there is other than what happens when that step hanging out hits something at 75mph. Integrated step is just simpler. We drop the sidewall down to lower that first step. It was only 1" higher than when we had a power step.

Benefits? No waiting for the step to power out. No rusted steps. No worry about step hitting curb when going out. When you lose battery power, you still have a step. If you notice in Class C's almost every single mfg has followed our lead on it.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:14 PM   #12

OK thanks, I wasn't sure what happened, I do understand the logic, but never thought about that LOL... The electric steps are nice, but I have had the issues you listed. So, I have a manual 2 step on my toyhauler and FMC motorhome. A majority of places we RV have uneven camp places and it always seems to be high on the entry side when leveled. is the 2014 2860DS reinforced enough in the entry space to mount a Thin manual step? I can only say I never have left with the step down in 40 yrs of RVing, might be my OCD kicking in LOL... I see nice stand alone steps but just another item taking up valuable cargo space.

thanks,

RON
Old 04-18-2014, 12:29 PM   #13
Commercial Member

We use a metal step wall. No reason you couldn't add a pull out step.

Old 04-18-2014, 04:00 PM   #14

Thanks bc,
for the info as well as the downside. I'd rather have the +/- to make a decision!
Old 04-19-2014, 07:30 PM   #15

I just made a plywood box and wrapped it with indoor/outdoor carpeting. 12x24x6. Also doubles as a door mat to wipe your feet before entering.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
rbetzwieser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker