Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2018, 10:14 AM   #1

No Power at the bedrm roof vent

I have a 2007 Sunseeker. I put a power vent in the bedroom, the wires for it are there but there is no power to them.

I'm looking at a purple/w white stripe. Starting behind the fuse box I followed the wire under the drivers side rear closet/drawers AND a purple/w white stripe coming OUT of that side, running across to the passenger side closet/drawers.

From the drawing I got from the Forest River customer service (602671 sheet 2 of 2) it looks like it the wire runs from the back of the coach to the fan.

My question... has anyone ever found WHERE that wire in the roof vent area hooks up to the rest?

It looks like taking the closets or the rear area apart are big jobs, anyone done this? Had this problem already?

Thanks...

Rob
becida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:35 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:52 AM   #3
Certified Curmudgeon

You may be looking at ceiling light power supply. If that is the case, you can check it out by turning the lights on. You also might want to post your model number so folks with similar units may have more specific info for you. Bottom line is that it may be easier to just run a wire up to the new fan than trying to chase what is there.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:07 AM   #4

The rig is a 29.5 foot long class C Sunseeker.
Running new wires to the vent area looks like a big job to me but I'll do that if I cannot find the other end of the wire that's there (in the vent hole).

Before I start to take the drivers side closet apart I'm going to see if that purple/white wire that runs into the passenger side closet has power & if it is the same wire in the roof vent hole.

Thanks!

Rob
2007 29.5' Sunseeker class "C".
Old 06-04-2018, 12:23 PM   #5
Site Team

Can you post a pic of the wiring diagram you got.

At first thought, I'd be looking near the power center to see if those wires were left in there un-terminated. That would make the most sense, so surely that's not where they are?
Old 06-04-2018, 12:42 PM   #6

My hope to find the other end of the wire did not work, I'm going to try to run a wire from the light over the bed.

I made an attempt at uploading the 3 diagrams I have, if this doesn't work I'll try to figure it out later.

I want to do some sight seeing today...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 602671-2.pdf (271.6 KB, 62 views)
File Type: pdf 602672-3.pdf (307.2 KB, 34 views)
File Type: pdf 602672-4.pdf (270.7 KB, 30 views)
Old 06-04-2018, 03:28 PM   #7

According to the diagrams the fan wire should be tan. But bare that no mind, they probably used whatever color they had at hand when it was wired. I'd start by pulling the covers off of the bedroom lights and bathroom lights/outlets to see if the purple/white fan wires terminate in one of those boxes. It will most likely be found disconnected in an outlet box with wire nuts on the end. Another option is to find someone with a electric wire tone generator/probe (emits a tone to track a wire) to trace the wire run. Works through walls. That way you don't have to even remove any covers. Hopefully that wire has to terminate somewhere in an electrical box. Just got to play find the Easter egg for a while. Good luck.
ICanFixIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 04:03 PM   #8
Certified Curmudgeon

I’m sure the OP is frustrated but the diagrams are for a 2010 model 2900 which is 29’ 9” and the OP states his rig is a 2007 at 29.5’. So it is most likely that there is a wild goose chase in progress. Electronic issues in just about any RV can be frustrating. Diagrams are scarce and abstract at best. I always try to be mindful that these units are mostly constructed by folks that do not use electricity for the most part.
Old 06-04-2018, 07:17 PM   #9

The wire is not tan and those were the only pictures I could get from ForestRiver using my VIN.
I was surprised I could get anything from them about this.

There are no visible wires that are not hooked up, I've been looking.

I was hoping someone had already done the engineering for getting into the hidden areas & could tell me about it <VBG>!

Thanks for the help!

Rob

Tags
bed, power, roo, roof, vent