Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2018, 05:34 PM   #21
Empty Nesters

I'll take a look when I get home tonight...I can't remember...senior brain cell loss!
Old 02-13-2018, 06:03 PM   #22

Noise levels issues are different from person to person ! Mine is loud to me but not a big concern. In heat pump mode, I normally shut it off in the AM when I get up and plug in an electric heater if needed. Just to loud for me in the morning !

In AC mode......when it’s on the TV volume is up, when it cycles off, the TV volume is turned down ! Not really a big deal to us ! I’ve never been in a RV with roof ACs running that is quite !
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:01 AM   #23

Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by psgrandpa1 View Post
We just picked up 2017 SUNSEEKER 2400W MBS...YESTERDAY.

WE GOT CALLS INTO dealer...a/c was so loud...you couldn’t even have a conversation. We’re trying to negotiate a change out to another. I’ve got a pretty good thread going...so keep watching ... I’ve learned a lot
Did you run the a/c and gen prior to purchase?? Tell dealer to put it back like it was then. What changed?
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:29 AM   #24
Citrus County, Fl.

You may try running the fan on low. It will be a little quieter. When the fan is on high I can't hear my DW talking to me

I have thought about adding a second AC to the bedroom which not only would be a quieter unit (Atwood Air Command) but if it's not blazing hot could be run while watching TV.

The difficult part would be running the wiring to power the new unit as the location is not pre-wire for 110 Volts. I have heard that running wiring with the bonded ceiling and walls would be difficult.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:31 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphytm2001 View Post
We just picked up our 2017 2400W. It's been too cold here in the Northeast to try the A/C heat pump. But we have run the generator and it is loud and vibrates a lot. Being positioned right underneath the bed will probably make it unusable while sleeping. I was kind of wondering if maybe there were some bolts that were used during transport that need to be released (like when you buy a new washer or dryer). Due to the weather and white stuff on the ground, I haven't investigated it too much. Is this normal for the Onan 3600 W propane generators or is it just poor placement of the unit in the rig? I'd be interested in hearing some input for others as well.
Just turn on the heat mode. It's the same compressor and fan running it is with AC
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:36 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeljag View Post
Noise levels issues are different from person to person ! Mine is loud to me but not a big concern. In heat pump mode, I normally shut it off in the AM when I get up and plug in an electric heater if needed. Just to loud for me in the morning !

In AC mode......when it’s on the TV volume is up, when it cycles off, the TV volume is turned down ! Not really a big deal to us ! I’ve never been in a RV with roof ACs running that is quite !
Our tv is easier to hear when we run the audio through the ceiling speakers.

The Dometic AC/Heat Pump is somewhat loud in a 32 foot Forester.
I would imagine it would seem even louder in a smaller space.

We replaced a roof air conditioner on a travel trailer with a Brisk Air unit.
Without ductwork it was extremely loud and probably the reason it was half the regular price.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:56 AM   #27

heat pump

In year four our dometic really lost differentail. The short of the story we went with coleman and have been pleased. Not as loud as with the dom unit but as the return is directly over the seating area you still know it is there when running. Plan to add a smaller second coleman in the bedroom prior to our desert run. The plan is to use rear air during food and tv time. The big plus will be having 25k btu in a small coach when it is 110 outside. We will see.....
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 04:12 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by psgrandpa1 View Post
I guess I won’t put earmuffs away this winter.

I’ll need them in SUNSEEKER to stay sane.

WHAT IS EVERYONE DOING TO REDUCE THE NOISE??

I am glad to see we are not the only ones concerned with noise. We have a 2016 sun seeker. We put SPF screen on all our windows, blacked out domes up top and made a panel that covers the window behind the bed which reduces heat and makes a headboard we can put pillows against for watching TV. This reduced a great deal of heat so unit doesn't have to run as much. The road noise is the worst for me. Can't believe more people don't write about it. We had sound proofing put all in front cab, floorboards and in the doors. Put new seals on all the doors. Best solution was a pair of sensear headphones that block all noise and we can have a conversation while driving down the road. Can pair to phone and also answer it. Headphones were 500.00 each but was worth every penny to save my hearing and be able to continue using the RV. Keep posting any solution you find.
Hatms is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator, noise, pump