Old 03-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #51
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Gcampers View Post
Ok. It's down to crunch time. The only way I can go on with this purchase is get something from FR identifying the door being defective. The dealer says it holds a dollar bill in while closed, so its fine. Clearly it isn't, but how can I buy it in the morning and have it taken care of if the dealer doesn't agree. We have waited a long time for this, but just want it identified and taken care of.
Who is your dealer 4Gcampers?

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:54 PM   #52
Plain Old Member

Man bclemens, I hope y'all got a heck of a good paint shop. Definitely will take some skill to make a new door look right, which now looks like a pretty good possibility.

2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:01 PM   #53

Thanks bclemens, I send you a PM
Old 03-21-2013, 09:54 PM   #54

I feel like I need to comment (again). After visiting the factory with my rig, I had the lucky chance to be walked through the plant by one of the plant engineering employees. The folks were great, and I can let you know these folks CARE. The team was nice enough to perform warranty work on my rig while I took the tour. What I witnessed was a very efficient team putting products together in a timely manner and I did see checklists and people inspecting units. I spoke to the person who caulks every unit as it comes off the line, she was a pleasant woman and even touched up my unit as it was at the end of the line for a repair.

Now, perhaps you can write my comments off. However, I do have a lot of manufacturing under my belt. I am a Lean Certified Manager, I have 17 years in aerospace, and have personally traveled to Japan and many facilities to oversee aerospace production. I have worked on everything from the JT8D program to the F135 program, the GTF PurePower program, and the CFM Leap program. I know manufacturing and unless you work in manufacturing you'll never understand how much we rely on humans to be perfect.

My hat is off to BC for his participation. Does he take it personally? Of course he does. Manufacturing is about passion. It's the same passion I feel when I see a military jet buzz a football stadium, a jumbo jet take off from a runway, and a engine ingesting a bird on the test stand. Most folks just can't fathom the complexity.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:03 PM   #55
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Been watching, now I need to comment,about the debris, I found a lot under the kitchen cabs. In our new work n play,it didn't really concern me much,I understand,it would be difficult to carry a dust buster on assembly line. Then I found a small piece of something,maybe a stone, under the flooring, I think it is called bou? flooring. Right in the middle of the floor. There is no easy way to remove it, as all the rest of the......everything is sitting the flooring. So no realistic reason to complain,unless I thought FR should remove all, to get a tiny stone or other derbies from under flooring. Guess ill buy a runner pice of carpet to cover it up, probly would have any way.this obviously does not compare to some things I've read here, But it does stand to reason,how it (the stone or what ever it is) got there.

And if this is the worst thing I find....well it's all good!
To those with far worse issues, I hope all are resolved to you're satisfaction
Old 03-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
I'm with rip. I've got quite a collection from every RV. Here's what my door looks like. The thing is, if you were to move the frame in, you couldn't close the screen door. Very little clearance as it is. It doesn't leak, but it is a place for water to go somewhere. bclemens, any idea of what the "bad doors" looked like?
Looks like the door frame needs to be shimmed to close the gap just like you would with a house front door. Problem is that would break the paint and likely leave a white gap. It would be difficult to fix the paint to match the graphics and color. The touch up bottles you get with the unit is the exact paint used so maybe there would be enough to airbrush a repair. Also since the gap around the door doesn't appear to be painted in your case (mine is) maybe the door hinge side can be shimmed to get the door over slightly to cover the gap with no paint repairs needed.
If the door is fine otherwise, maybe just a small sliver of aluminum needs to be glued, with the adhesive used to install auto fender repair panels, to cover the latch area gap. Good luck.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:27 AM   #57

Rv pickup Sunseeker 3170DS

Had an appointment at 1100 with the dealer for inspection and intro. Had a very good experience. The service tech assigned was thoughtful and patience with us. He had everything running and demonstrated all systems. The experience with the dealer was top notch. Everything I wanted done extra was done and ready. Coach was detailed and look really good. I did find a little sawdust and the tech had everything we saw cleaned up. Did not even need to ask. Apologies all around for missing it.

So far I have found the fit and finish to be excellent. The only adjustment was the bath room door striker plate was mounted too high. 5 mins to reset.

Rained last night and checked for any water leaks and found none. The basement areas was dry as expected.

Another word on the dealer. They ordered our coach with $400.00 down and final payment was not even asked for upon arrival. They wanted us to be completely satisfied with the coach before final payment and paperwork. We were told that if we were not happy with anything, we were under no obligation to purchase. So far we love our coach and do not regret the purchase nor the dealer even though he is 2.5 hours away.
I will post to this thread as time goes on.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:19 PM   #58
Plain Old Member

Garrette, care to share which dealer that was. There are those few good ones out there, and it sounds like you found one.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:22 AM   #59

Yes I think it's great to share the name! I had a similar experience at TerryTown RV.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:28 PM   #60

Our dealer is Campers Inn, Mocksville. Located just off I40 and US 601 east of Statesville, NC.

Just got back from a 2 night outing and could not be happier with our purchase. Looking forward to learning all of the systems.

Oh, almost forgot, had to adjust the striker plates on the bathroom and screen door. Took 15 min. Including a beer.