Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2015, 10:48 PM   #1

Oil change frequency

How often should the oil be changed on the transmission and axle. I'm a little anal when it comes to fluid changes and want to make sure my 3010 last for many years. Any input would be appreciated.
NORCALRVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:13 AM   #2

This information is in the E450 Scheduled Maintenance Guide. You can download it from Ford if it's not in your glovebox.

Use the Special Operating Conditions service.

The front wheel bearings also need to be repacked. There are a few grease fittings on the steering linkage. The original U-joints probably don't have grease fittings, but I'd look to be sure.

The rear spring u-bolts have to be retorqued once. There was a sheet about it in our documents. If you don't have it, send me a PM and I'll email it to you.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:27 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblerGuy View Post
This information is in the E450 Scheduled Maintenance Guide. You can download it from Ford if it's not in your glovebox.

Use the Special Operating Conditions service.

The front wheel bearings also need to be repacked. There are a few grease fittings on the steering linkage. The original U-joints probably don't have grease fittings, but I'd look to be sure.

The rear spring u-bolts have to be retorqued once. There was a sheet about it in our documents. If you don't have it, send me a PM and I'll email it to you.
Thanks for the info
jjfmd2 is offline   Reply With Quote