Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2018, 06:03 PM   #1

Oil change in Atlanta

We are looking for a place to get our oil changed in Atlanta or nearby (Gwinnett/Lawrenceville/Loganville area) because we are not doing it ourselves.

We contacted the Ford Commercial Vehicle Center because we’ve seen post saying they can refer you to Ford dealers than can accommodate RVs. They referred us to four dealers and Peach State Ford is the only one that could handle our 32’ RV and they quoted $150 + materials for an oil change.

Is this the average rate in Atlanta or has anyone used another place in the area? We are not changing the oil ourselves, so we are just looking for additional options. We have a gas Sunseeker 3010DS.
twochicksandarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:10 PM   #2

Wow

That is highway robbery. It costs me $35 in material. You know dealers are not paying as much as the normal consumer. I asked a local ford dealer last year how much and he quoted me $115 which I thought was to much. At $150 that dealer wouldn't get my business.
Secarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:02 PM   #3
2014 SunSeeker 2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by twochicksandarv View Post
We are looking for a place to get our oil changed in Atlanta or nearby (Gwinnett/Lawrenceville/Loganville area) because are not doing it ourselves.

We contacted the Ford Commercial Vehicle Center because we’ve seen post saying they can refer you to Ford dealers than can accommodate RVs. They referred us to four dealers and Peach State Ford is the only one that could handle our 32’ RV and they quoted $150 + materials for an oil change.

Is this the average rate in Atlanta or has anyone used another place in the area? We are not changing the oil ourselves, so we are just looking for additional options.

Wow! That seems high! I haven’t looked to see what you have but I can’t imagine your V10 being that much different than mine. I had mine serviced in Florida and everything totaled about $60. This did not include the genny.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:30 PM   #4
Site Team

Call Krause Family Ford (formerly named Cherokee Ford) in Woodstock at 770-592-0090 and talk to their service department. See Here They have done oil changes on my motor homes in the past for around $50 to $60.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:53 AM   #5

We are south of Atlanta and our regular mechanic charges no mor than for our car and truck. Although I think he should. However when we have been on the road, we have used Jiffy Lube several times and they do just fine and are very reasonable. They usually have higher bay doors also.

Bob, Diane & Snoopy
2018 3050s Sunseeker
Santabobswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 12:06 PM   #6
Senior Members

Quote:
We are looking for a place to get our oil changed in Atlanta or nearby (Gwinnett/Lawrenceville/Loganville area) because we are not doing it ourselves.

Is this the average rate in Atlanta or has anyone used another place in the area? We are not changing the oil ourselves, so we are just looking for additional options. We have a gas Sunseeker 3010DS.
We had our 3010DS oil and filter done at our Ford dealer here in Iowa for $75.00, (including a tire rotation).

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Butch & Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 12:43 PM   #7

We have used Snellville Auto Center for several years for oil change on our 30' Forest River Georgetown MH as well as other vehicles. They work on buses, larger vans, etc. They are very reasonable, professional, and personable. Voted "best in Gwinnett" 2013-2017. Located on HWY 78, phone #770-972-3799.
cadman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 02:32 PM   #8

Rush Truck Center in Oklahoma City is $100. Check there for one. Also check Penske Truck Center, the tow truck driver when he towed my MH recommended them.

Frank
FrankMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 02:35 PM   #9

Oil Change

I also would recommend Snellville Auto Center for any of your needs. I have been using them for approx. 30 years. They not only do my personal vehicles but also any vehicles I maintain for our church, which at one time included a 60 passenger bus. Very honest and trustworthy.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:41 PM   #10

Old 04-25-2018, 04:19 PM   #11

We have always had our oil changed at Speedco... Fast, reasonable prices and they can accommodate any size rig. They change generator oil and filters as well. I see now the Love's has acquired speedco. I don't know what changes that brings, but there is a location in Atlanta:
#909 Conley, GA
I-285, Exit 53
4136 Old McDonough Rd
Conley, GA, 30288

Here's a map to all Speedco locations

<https://www.loves.com/en/location-an...ts#?type=Truck Service>
2018 Vanleigh Vilano 375FL
www.Wind-seeker.com/vilano
jbrosecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:55 PM   #12

Peach State. Beware!

Quote:

We had a HORRIBLE experience with Peach State. Christopher Trucks in Piedmont, SC is worth the drive. Brian can help you out. They are fairly priced and don’t mess stuff up that is totally unrelated to the reason you’re there, unlike Peach State.
Bullrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:23 PM   #13

I’ve seen some Class C units being serviced at Akins Ford/Dodge in Winder (close to you). Don’t know their prices but they are competitive when doing oil changes for gas and diesel pickups and have never had any problems with their work.
Old 04-26-2018, 06:09 AM   #14

I appreciate all of the suggestions. Thanks
twochicksandarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:06 AM   #15

There are several Speed Co's in the area and Length isn't a problem.
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:22 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrosecity View Post
We have always had our oil changed at Speedco... Fast, reasonable prices and they can accommodate any size rig. They change generator oil and filters as well. I see now the Love's has acquired speedco. I don't know what changes that brings, but there is a location in Atlanta:
#909 Conley, GA
I-285, Exit 53
4136 Old McDonough Rd
Conley, GA, 30288

Here's a map to all Speedco locations

<https://www.loves.com/en/location-an...ts#?type=Truck Service>
Just had my quad axle truck at speedco all filters fuel, air, water, changed all tires pressure set (14 tires ) grease 24 grease fittings ,22qts oil $ 235.00 and I had free coffee
bareftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:46 AM   #17
Certified Curmudgeon

I heard that the OP drove to PA, drilled, pumped and refined some crude then had Jake and Leroy change the oil. All for a buck three eighty. They are now happily on their way to their destination.
Old 04-28-2018, 06:51 PM   #18

Will they be setting up camp next to the cement pond?
Keystoner is offline   Reply With Quote