Old 07-27-2016, 06:21 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlm17 View Post
Sherman, I have a 2016 Forester GTS 2801QSF built in January 2017. I have the Jensen JWM6A radio in the coach. See pic 1. Pic 2 shows the rear of the radio and the large group of wires are for the output to speakers. My "A" speaker select uses L and R to feed all four coach ceiling speakers. My "B" speaker select uses L and R to feed the two exterior speakers. My "C" speaker select uses both "L" AND "R" wires which feed an adjustable line output converter part # SNI 35. See pic 3. The SNI35 has a left and right RCA cable plugged into it. The RCA cable is run to the subwoofer and it uses both left and right RCA plugs. The subwoofer is located behind the lounge chair. See pic 4.
Many of us here with 2016 models have a subwoofer with the JWM6A which uses the "C" speaker select. Maybe FR has done away with the subwoofer on certain 2017 models. Hopefully someone with your year and model will post here.

Wow!! Thank you very much for taking the time for such a detailed response. Learned a bunch therein.
Much appreciated!

Old 07-27-2016, 06:43 PM   #22

I found today that the TV doesn't seem to feed sound thru Hdmi arc setting unless there is a DVD in. I watched a YouTube video from Jensen. I started as they did with a DVD. Turn everything off and stick a DVD in the unit. It powers on, says loading, turns to Hdmi arc and turns the TV on. Speakers work fine. I ejected DVD and found TV said no input signal. I switched to a TV channel, over the air, which should be HD but no sound. Had to use the TV speakers. Maybe if I am connected to a cable input, the speakers would work as there'd be a Hdmi input? I would think it work regardless. 🤔

Old 07-27-2016, 07:11 PM   #23

Make sure the hdmi cable is in the correct hdmi port on the tv. I believe hdmi1 is arc.
The hdmi port must say arc. That stands for audio return channel.
Old 07-27-2016, 07:26 PM   #24

@Sgtlm17 if it were incorrect, would the DVD playback still work, because it does work okay
Old 07-27-2016, 07:29 PM   #25

I think it may with the DVD because the source is the JWM6A. You want the hdmi in the arc port because the tv is the source
Old 07-27-2016, 08:12 PM   #26

Thanks! I'll check it out.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:59 PM   #27

In my 3010DS, "C" is the outside speakers.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:23 AM   #28

Thanks for the clarification and pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlm17 View Post
Sherman, I have a 2016 Forester GTS 2801QSF built in January 2017. I have the Jensen JWM6A radio in the coach.
Thanks for the response. This is probably one of those Standard equipment on the Forester but not on the Sunseeker.

I suppose, If I ever get bored and have nothing better to do, I can disconnect that Green/white speaker wire from the JWM6A, put a tone generator on it and try figuring out where it goes. I do know it goes into the ceiling but until I can figure out how to take those speaker covers off without damaging anything, I can live without a sub woofer.

I did some research on the SWI-35 so now I know what it does. I do have a question about your sub woofer, if you don't mind checking for me. A manufacture name and model number would be nice. Also whether it it has its own power cord and whether it is 12 volts or 110 volts.

The main things most fail to consider when purchasing a RV for the first time is the additional couple thousand dollars one will most likely spend accessorizing. That and the cost of insurance and plates.

Thanks, Sherman
Old 07-28-2016, 04:31 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifromkate View Post
I found today that the TV doesn't seem to feed sound thru Hdmi arc setting unless there is a DVD in. 🤔
If I am not mistaken the TV would also need an HDMI out along with an ARC channel in order to send audio signals back to the stereo. When you are using the DVD player the sound is originating at the Stereo and being shipped to the TV. my guess is that if you want the sound from the TV sent to the stereo your going to use the audio out on the TV connected to audio in on an available Stereo imput
Old 07-28-2016, 04:43 AM   #30

King Jack Digital TV Antenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveanddianne View Post
Thanks - it's funny because fm is fine but am is bad on both the coach radio and ford. By any chance what is the coax cable connected for not sure what it does?
Steve, what you are seeing is a coax jack that runs to the roof. It is so you can easily add a satellite dish.
The HDMI port will run to your main cabin TV
The White plate is your King Jack Digital TV antenna switch unit.
When the green light is on, you are doing two things, sending power to the antenna attenuator. Your TV is also receiving its broadcast signals from the antenna. Turn the green light off by pushing the black button and your TV will then be receiving its signal from the cable tv jack located on the outside of your RV should you be tied into cable at an RV park.

Here is a link to the King Jack user manual

http://kingconnect.com/wp-content/up...Compressed.pdf

Tags
3170, jensen