Old 07-28-2016, 08:26 AM   #31

JWM6A Slowly Getting There

Thanks' to all. I found the Sub it was under the Dinette Seat. The power was off so when I turned the power up it was decent sound. What is happening though is the C Speaker Button on the JWMA does not shut it off. A & B work Fine would you still get a vibration regardless of the C Button. Not sure what to do? Also Im still trying to get the TV sound out of the speakers. When I pulled the head unit out, there is one HDMI port and nothing was plugged into it. The HDMI cord from the TV (HDMI1 ARC) was plugged into the wall which from what has been said is for satellite. So I plugged the HDMI cord ARC 1 from the TV to the Back of the Head Unit put the TV on which was set to TV and the Head unit to ARC and Nothing. Since We are new to all this I then changed the TV to HDMI 1 and Head unit on ARC and Nothing. Thanks

Old 07-28-2016, 03:15 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveanddianne View Post
Thanks' to all. I found the Sub it was under the Dinette Seat. The power was off so when I turned the power up it was decent sound. What is happening though is the C Speaker Button on the JWMA does not shut it off. A & B work Fine would you still get a vibration regardless of the C Button. Not sure what to do? Also Im still trying to get the TV sound out of the speakers. When I pulled the head unit out, there is one HDMI port and nothing was plugged into it. The HDMI cord from the TV (HDMI1 ARC) was plugged into the wall which from what has been said is for satellite. So I plugged the HDMI cord ARC 1 from the TV to the Back of the Head Unit put the TV on which was set to TV and the Head unit to ARC and Nothing. Since We are new to all this I then changed the TV to HDMI 1 and Head unit on ARC and Nothing. Thanks
i provided a link to the JWM6A manual in an earlier post. there are instructions on how to get the sound to go from the tv to the stereo system. When I glanced at it, I can't seem to make heads nor tails of what we are supposed to do and I don't have the time to research it for a few days.
If you do figure out how to get the TV sound to work with the stereo. The rest of us would appreciate a "How to" posting.

There is also an HDMI port on the stereo, you need an hdmi cable going from there to the ARC Hdmi port on the tv.

Old 07-28-2016, 09:11 PM   #33

Got the JWM6a and woofer to work

So I took the radio out to see how it was connected and there was not an HDMI connected to the Radio the only HDMI I had was the one that went from the TV Behind the radio to the HDMI port for Satellite (in the next cabinet) or other items you may want to plug in.
I also had two sets of RCA cables that went from the TV to AUX 1 and 2 AUX on the Radio.
So I called ASA electronics and got a great Technician. He said it is hard to know how it was wired at forest river but told me to do the following
1) Turn off the TV speakers in the (TV Menu) go to audio and change the setting from Variable to fixed - this is what is needed to accept the signal from the radio. So this is what I did and Tried AUX 1 then AUX 2 and two worked the souls through all the speakers was good. The caution though is be careful on volume I had to turn it up to 34/35 for the level of sound I wanted, for us it was just right. But to not blow the speakers I went into the radio menu for and set the start up volume to 14 for the radio which again is just right for us. I did test both moving the HDMI to the radio and tried that but there was no difference in sound quality. SO I'm staying with a AUX 2 had re connected the HDMI from the TV back to the original connection in the cabinet.
One last thing my Sub was under the Dinette seat, two get to the controls I had to un screw it from the bracket to adjust the setting. Also the only way to turn it off is to shut the radio off from what ASA said the C Speaker Button is only to sent the audio signal to the SUB if I wanted to shut it off with out turning off the radio I would need to install a toggle switch (not worth it to me) So hope this helps. Steve
Old 07-28-2016, 09:17 PM   #34

Steve and Diane thats the way 2015 units were wired. 2016 units were changed to all use the hdmi arc. But as long as your happy thats what matters.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:30 PM   #35

Jwm6a

I'm curious we bought our sunseeker unit in oct 2016 so while I m ok with the sound, what do you mean when you say 2016 was different then 2015 - they did not use rca cables - also is there or should the sound quality be better with hdmi arc? Thanks
Old 07-28-2016, 09:36 PM   #36

What year is your unit? Although purchased in 2016 it may be a 2015 model year. As for quality of sound probably no noticeable difference. The change to use hdmi arc in 2016 models made it easier to use stereo speakers by not needing to change the TV sound settings.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:50 PM   #37

Model year

It was built in sept 2016 I know it has a 2016 ford e450 so I though the whole thing would be a 2016 ?
Old 07-28-2016, 10:01 PM   #38

Oh its a 2016 unit then. . I don't know exactly when the switchover was made. It's one of those disclaimers they call production changes. .
Old 07-28-2016, 10:10 PM   #39

Thanks

We are very new to the world of rv'ing in some Ways I feel like I'm going back in time like what it was like to buy a car on the 70's
Old 07-28-2016, 10:11 PM   #40

@steveanddianne Rats, tried what you said still no joy! No sound from TV alone. DVD, ok, but TV, nope. This is the bank of my tv
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1469758127991.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	115685   Click image for larger version

Name:	1469758146284.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	115686  

Tags
3170, jensen