Old 07-24-2016, 08:15 AM   #1

? On Jensen JWM6A control unit in 3170

Speaker selector A-B-C.... Is channel "c" live in your 3170? When looking at my unit to buy I noticed that A ran the speakers in main cabin and B put the sound outside (both a and b work together or separate) but when turning off both A&B and putting on just C I got nothing. It would make sense to me if that were to send audio to the master bedroom but it doesn't.
I'm wondering if C is also vacant on anyone else's unit or if I need to tell them to fix this before delivery.
Thanks in advance.

Old 07-24-2016, 11:36 AM   #2

Speaker C is for the subwoofer. Put something on that has some good bass and select and deselect C and you will hear the subwoofer.

Old 07-24-2016, 12:03 PM   #3

? On Jensen JWM6A control unit in 3170

That was all I could think of but thought the head unit would have a dedicated "sub-out" line and not use one of the three channels.
Just found schematic online and you're right just use a speaker channel. Thanks!
Old 07-24-2016, 12:07 PM   #4

Your television is also connected to the JWM6A. Just select mode "hdmi arc" the sound is amazing.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:08 PM   #5

Thanks!
Yes, found the ARC ... Such an awesome feature.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:15 PM   #6

Speaker C

I have tried several times to get the TV to work with the speakers. The TV is too quiet without the speakers. So are you saying that with the selection of Hamilton arc and speaker c the TV volume should go through there?
Old 07-24-2016, 01:16 PM   #7

Speaker C

I have tried several times to get the TV to work with the speakers. The TV is too quiet without the speakers. So are you saying that with the selection of Hdmi arc and speaker c the TV volume should go through there?
Old 07-24-2016, 01:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifromkate View Post
I have tried several times to get the TV to work with the speakers. The TV is too quiet without the speakers. So are you saying that with the selection of Hdmi arc and speaker c the TV volume should go through there?
Not necessarily C... Depends what you have hooked up to C... Select ARC and any speaker channel.. Try whatever your main cabin speakers are on. Good luck!
Old 07-24-2016, 01:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPoppy View Post
Not necessarily C... Depends what you have hooked up to C... Select ARC and any speaker channel.. Try whatever your main cabin speakers are on. Good luck!

Thanks. I'll try again
Old 07-24-2016, 01:43 PM   #10

Tv sound in cabin

I have had a problem getting sound out of the cabin speakers from the tv. I put the setting of the jwm6a on hdmi arc and no sound? What should the tv be set on and is there and setting on the tv or jwm6a that has to be set up? Thanks

Tags
3170, jensen