Old 10-17-2014, 12:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Should have absolutely nothing to do with a printed circuit board!
If there's "moisture" on the circuit board there's an issue within how it's sealed from moisture which has no effect on how many hours it runs.

Turbs
Agreed but my dealer indicated regardless of issue they are going to check the hours. Just trying to give people a way to avoid a fight and learn from oldnewguys experience.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:05 PM   #12

Onan can do this when they are the only game in town. Since Genrac went out of the RV business I believe Onan is the only manufacturer left, at least that's what I read on here.

Old 10-17-2014, 11:05 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnewguy View Post
Have a 2013 3050s with a onan 4000 generator in it. took it to repair shop because gen would not start, told a new control board was needed as the one in there now shorts out the fuel pump. i have 10 hours on the gen, was told by repair shop not enough hours for item to be covered. manual says to run it 2 hours a month to keep it under warranty just a heads up for everyone to follow the manual and avoid this costly mistake keep on camping oldnewguy

I work for cummins which is Onan we have never denied warranty and neither can they unless the can prove that the non running is what caused the issue.
I would call the cummins distributor in your area or direct http://power.cummins.com/onanpowerWe....do?pageId=505

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2014, 11:24 PM   #14

I believe the circuit boards are dipped in either expoy or some other slant. The Onan Generators I have worked on at Transmitter Sites had sealed boards and we NEVER run 2 hours a month, all diesel though and we added conditioner and did run a day a year to burn the furl off.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:54 AM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshell56118 View Post
I work for cummins which is Onan we have never denied warranty and neither can they unless the can prove that the non running is what caused the issue.
I would call the cummins distributor in your area or direct http://power.cummins.com/onanpowerWe....do?pageId=505

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's my point.

Turbs
Old 10-18-2014, 08:19 AM   #16

Hopefully, the RV dealer didn't bill Onan and pocket your $950.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:26 AM   #17

This is in regards to exercising the generator. I have an Onan 4000 Juice Box. I've had it since 2009 when I bought it new. I have 491 hours on it. When I'm done for the season, I fog it, change the oil and drain the carb. It then sits in the shed from the end of October to May before it gets started again. When I first got it, I exercised it but stopped doing that after the place I bought it from told me to fog it. I've never had a problem with it other than a recall. It is a portable unit and is attached to the 5er at the rear via a trailer hitch. Just my experience with mine.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:58 AM   #18

onan 4000

right now my motorhome is wanting for parts. the repair shop is a dealer for onan products, but i wll cintact the main company about my problem. this forum is the best thing since slided bread keep on camping oldnewguy
Old 10-19-2014, 12:04 PM   #19

We are dry camping in our pasture this weekend to see how the 5er acts and to identify any issues. Well after the auto leveling and opening all slides I ran our new Cummins 5500 watt genny for 1 hr just to let battery charge up good. That was Friday, Saturday I did the same ran it for 1 hour, this morning I ran it to make coffee and top off battery it died twice after running for about 15 min. Both times it would restart after waiting a couple min. The third time it ran fine for 30 min. With coffee maker and electric heat on fireplace on. Weird.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:05 PM   #20

Does it seem to be overloaded? Is water heater electric on? Is refrigerator on auto? If on auto switches from gas to electric when the generator runs.

RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator