Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2014, 10:22 AM   #1

Onan 4000 Watt Gen Fuel Pump Issues On 2014 2860DS

I see lots of threads about fuel pump issues (going bad often) Is there any real fix for this issue. If you put a new pump in will it just go bad as fast as an old one?

How does the warranty work on the Onan? RV dealer or Onan?

Are they a quick fix on the road? I see these pumps on Amazon for $41. >> Airtex E11007 Electric Fuel Pump for Onan Generator Set << I see some say they fit the Onan 4000 watt Gen, Is it a good idea to have a spare? If easy on/off nice to have until you can get in for repair?

All said, I have 20 plus hours on my gen and haven't had problems although the dealer or transporter put most of the 20 plus hours on it. I don't want to be in the "Fuel Pump Club" but hate being stranded.

Any thoughts from all who have had problems!

Ron
asparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:07 PM   #2

Only problem was a new fuel pump. If it fails again, I will cross that bridge. So far, only 50hours. Only used when I go to my sons and yard camp and maintenance. That is the extent of my boondocking. If I was worried about it, I would have a spare on hand. It will be a bugger to replace. Than I would look for aftermarket and remount the pump in a more accessible spot.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:22 PM   #3

Haven't had problems because I have a different brand generator but for $41 I'd carry a spare. If you don't do it yourself, it's easier to find someone to install it than to find the part and someone to install it when in a remote area.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVer View Post
Haven't had problems because I have a different brand generator but for $41 I'd carry a spare. If you don't do it yourself, it's easier to find someone to install it than to find the part and someone to install it when in a remote area.

:-))) yes it is.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, pump