Old 09-18-2015, 08:31 AM   #1
Order Delivery Times

Wondering what the approximate time span is between order and delivery. Have recently ordered a 2016 Sunseeker 3010DS and looking foward to replacing our current Freelander.

lakewood90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 12:34 AM   #2
Cannot answer your question directly, but I can tell you about mine. I ordered my Sunseeker 3050S and the order was placed with the factory at the end of July, 2015. The original estimate for delivery was 6 to 8 weeks, and later changed to be September 15 to 20th.

Today, the 18th of September, the dealer called me and said that my estimated delivery date is now October 15th.

The reason for the delay is long and is explained in other posts on this forum. It involves the E450 Ford with the new 6 speed Ford transmission. Seems like this combination caused a vibration in the drive train around 60 mph. Production ground to a halt until the Ford and FR engineers could come up with a solution. After the problem was solved, production was backed up and all the units had to have the "fix" installed, including my coach. At least I am getting a unit that has been "fixed", I don't envy any owners whose coaches shipped out from the factory before the problem was found.

Wayne Lee
Out West Somewhere

2016 Sunseeker 3050DS towing 2006 Hummer H3

WayneLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 04:33 AM   #3
Six to eight weeks is a good estimate but it will vary somewhat depending on production schedules.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 05:34 AM   #4
Thanks. I'd read about the problem with the new transmission and the shipping delay associated with that problem. I'm happy to hear the fix is being applied to your unit and all the new units before shipping them. I'd also read earlier about the 6-8 week (plus 2 weeks for FBP) shipping time, but was wondering if the backlog had been cleared out and the 6-8 (or 8-10 FBP) week estimate was good again.
lakewood90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 06:29 AM   #5
Our dealer has quoted a three month wait from the normal two month wait for delivery of our custom order 2290s.
geeman53 is online now   Reply With Quote