Old 02-18-2019, 10:00 AM   #1

Ordering 3010DS

So after over 5 years of having a travel trailer I am getting close to ordering the Sunseeker 3010DS. The reason I want to order is there isn't any dealers remotely close that have the model with the options I would like. If I am going to spend that kind of money I want everything that is possible.

I know this is a tough time of year to order as it is getting ready to be busy time of year. What is the normal timeline to build the Sunseeker if ordered this time of year? My guess was 8-12 weeks.

Also if ordered now do you think it would come as a 2019 or 2020. Seems like I am seeing some 2020 listed at some dealerships.

Thank you

josh.rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:38 PM   #2

Ordering 3010DS

We got ours in 2015. We ordered it about March of 2015 and got it around July 4rth. So 8-12 weeks that year. It was a 2016 model on a 2015 chassis.

Consider the heatpump and swivel seats, if you're ordering. We did add in the seats, but did not the heatpump and that is a decision I regret. May try and upgrade someday.

Check the big slide for squareness. when it comes in. Telltale sign is pinched or damaged seal.

3010 is a great choice. I think you'll like it.

kins83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:44 AM   #3

X2 on the swivel seats. We didn't get them on our 2016, now I'm getting ready to order the swivel base to replace the stationery ones. Also consider the bigger fridge, but you will lose the pantry. We're glad we got the 4 door Dometic fridge, it's great for longer trips.
Happy travels, the 3010DS is a great choice, we love ours.
Bill and Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:03 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh.rebecca View Post
I know this is a tough time of year to order as it is getting ready to be busy time of year. What is the normal timeline to build the Sunseeker if ordered this time of year? My guess was 8-12 weeks.
That is a fair estimate... But you can add 2-6 more weeks if you order full body paint. The other possible delay issue is getting the unit delivered. It took almost three weeks for our Sunseeker to be delivered due to the backlog. Once FR sends it to a delivery company it is a real pain to find out what is going on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh.rebecca View Post
Also if ordered now do you think it would come as a 2019 or 2020. Seems like I am seeing some 2020 listed at some dealerships.
That is hard to answer. FR does weird things with model year cutoffs. We ordered and expected a 2018 and received a 2019...
RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 11:54 AM   #5

Ordering 3010DS

We ordered a 3010DS 11/4/17 and it was at the dealer early - mid January. We didn't actually pick it up until the weather was good enough to drive it back, but we did complete the sale first. I checked prices with about 5 dealers on the internet and the closest dealer had the best deal, I think maybe $200 dollar difference, but could have paid thousands more. I would expect that you get a 2020 because you are ordering. Good idea to get the options you want, you can spec those all out to get a firm quote. The bigger A/C does a good job. Swivel passenger seat is nice, but a PIA to get used to working. Recommend a level mate pro

because if you are more than 5 or 6" out of level on any corner/side, the autoleveler's wont level. Class C is harder to level than a TT, even with autolevelers but the cell phone telling you where you're out of kilter makes it manageable. Filling the fresh water tank was frustrating until I got under the bed and supported the hose so it ran down, not down, then up then down. Some other minor defects.

Overall we really like it and are pleased. Really like the kitchen. Get the double fridge, it's nice.

2018 Sunseeker DS
FlippinUid is offline   Reply With Quote