Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2013, 06:53 PM   #1

Outdoor Entertainment Center Antenna

On the Sunseeker Outdoor Entertainment Center there is a plug by the radio for an antenna. Is this so a TV can be connected to the antenna or for an incoming antenna? I tried a TV and get no reception. I also followed the connection and it went into the box for cable. Does anyone set up a TV outside and plug into their to get reception?

RVFamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #2

A TV should work when connected up to it. Were you plugged into a shore cable or were you just trying to use the roof antennae? If on the antennae you will need to ensure the booster is turned on.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #3

I was just trying to use the roof antenna and had the booster on. I followed the coaxial from the outdoor antenna plu and it went to the booster box and into the plug marked "CABLE". Another coaxial was plugged into the TV3. I did not want to switch those two as the last time we camped and were hooked up to cable, the cable worked fine. I was unsure if that outdoor plug was for a TV or incoming satellite or cable? I would like to have the option of putting a TV out there, but was unsure if that coaxial was wired correctly for this.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #4
Commercial Member

You would have to have the TV set to AIR and scan for channels.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:36 AM   #5

Hi bclemens,
I switched the orange cable that ran from the antenna into the "cable" inlet in the box. I switched that cable with the "TV3/VCR" cable inlet and it works fine now. Next time I get to a park with cable, I will see if the cable comes in correctly. Hopefully, the box just takes a feed from cable and then disperses it based on the buttons pressed.
Thanks.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVFamily5 View Post
I was just trying to use the roof antenna and had the booster on. I followed the coaxial from the outdoor antenna plu and it went to the booster box and into the plug marked "CABLE". Another coaxial was plugged into the TV3. I did not want to switch those two as the last time we camped and were hooked up to cable, the cable worked fine. I was unsure if that outdoor plug was for a TV or incoming satellite or cable? I would like to have the option of putting a TV out there, but was unsure if that coaxial was wired correctly for this.
I assume you're talking about the Winegard antennae amplifier control (with the booster switch on it)? If so, the "Cable" connection is supposed to be an input for park cable-TV. The "TV3" (or 2?) is an output that will be driven by either the rooftop antennae signal or that park cable input, depending on the booster switch setting.

It certainly sounds to me like they've got those two cables reversed on the "booster box". Yes, it would have worked before because when the booster is off, the cable-in and TV outputs are just connected together so it probably didn't matter which one was providing the signal. You'll never get rooftop antennae signal to that outside TV if its connected to the "Cable" input on that box.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote