Old 08-21-2014, 02:56 PM   #1

Outside 120VAC Plug on Sunseeker 2860DS

Is there an Outside 120VAC Plug on Sunseeker 2860DS that I didn't find on our recent trip to Vancouver Island BC? Besides the plugs in the outside kitchen.. Maybe one under the MH somewhere? maybe under left side of entrance door in the electrical box so it would be hot with shore power as well as generator power?

If not where is the most easy place I could access a 120VAC junction box to put one under the MH. I do not want to install in any compartment that I would have to leave open to plug something in but would install one inside a compartment at the same time also if handy.

I'm a electrician so that's not a problem with a safe install.

Thanks

Ron

Old 08-21-2014, 09:09 PM   #2

If you get no better suggestion, maybe you could put a receptacle in the compartment with the shore line and run an extension cord through the shore line hole. On our 3100 it would be easy to add a breaker and run a cable to the compartment but I don't know about your model.

RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:11 PM   #3

Maybe you could find a place to cut through the curb side wall and put a receptacle there like they do on other models. Take a look at some other models.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:53 AM   #4
GM

there should be one just to the left of the entry door. Not sure what year yours is...but there should be "white" hinged covers. (2) banks of (2).

One bank of 2 is an exterior 120v receptacle. The other is coax and 12v I think.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:15 PM   #5

RamblerGuy and BC... I have 2014 2860DS..

Yes that's the logical place... lots of empty fused places I'm pretty sure. And, I can make sure its shore power and gen. powered.

BC that's the first place I looked but checked again just now. Lots of cables going into the switchover box but no separate junction box at all. Not a real good place to mount a box right there. close to front of rear tires are they supposed to be there on the 2014 2860DS?

Thanks

Ron
Old 08-22-2014, 02:39 PM   #6
GM

1. All 120v plugs get hot with gen or shore power. They're designed that way. The outlet I am referring to is on the exterior sidewall just behing the door.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	61190  
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 08-22-2014, 03:51 PM   #7

Nothing on either side of couch door or anywhere on couch skin and pretty sure none in the storage compartments. There is one inside the outside stereo door.. but no way to close the door with anything plugged in. And leaving door open would expose the stereo to the elements
Old 08-22-2014, 03:55 PM   #8
GM

Ok. Maybe it's newer then. Can't use the one in the outside kitchen? Should be able to tie into that and add another if you're handy.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:28 PM   #9

Its a 2014 Sunseeker 2860DS... The restriction is not leaving any of the compartmental doors unlocked/ or open. I need 120VAC access without any of the lockable doors being open. I really haven't had time to look for the best spot to tap into, but I'm guessing it will be the service box in the entry to the MH. I don't have my book handy but I think there are some unused circuits in there. I know there are several in the breaker box under the bed
Old 08-22-2014, 06:38 PM   #10
GM

That service entry at the doorway is all 12v.

Tags
sunseeker