Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2018, 07:05 AM   #1

Outside tv and radio 3050s

Neither my outside tv or radio will turn on. These are the outside units on a 2014 3050s. There is power to the TV. The radio I’m not sure. The radio only comes out 3/4 of the way and stops. How do I access the wires for either? Anybody replace the Jensen TV? Radio? What brand did you replace it with?
DrJMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 11:41 PM   #2

Only one reply now, many more will be coming soon!

I suppose a 4 -year old TV could be FUBAR. Has another known good TV even been tried??? As far as a simple radio goes, I would replace with a radio unit that fits the "hole" and also incorporated DVD playback for a new TV if the old one is FUBAR. If not being able to remove the old unit, is replacing it within reasonable ability? An RV technician or audio visual expert might be required for dead units.
Splitshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 12:42 AM   #3

On my 2016 Forester, I use the remotes to turn the outdoor TV and radio on. Did you buy the MH new or used and do you have the manuals? I would think you have the 32" Jensen 12v TV, you say it has power but not coming on. No TV screen lighting upI was able to access the TV and radio from the back side of my sofa where there was a plastic housing covering the wiring. I was able to pull my radio out using the two tools that accompanied my manuals. My radio was wired incorrectly and the speakers didn't work correctly using the fader and balance. Could your balance and fader be turned beyond to no speakers like mine?
2018 Camping 10 trips 38 nights
2019 Camping 6 trips 19 nights
2020 Camping 0 trips Cancellations 6
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 01:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecoachdriver View Post
On my 2016 Forester, I use the remotes to turn the outdoor TV and radio on. Did you buy the MH new or used and do you have the manuals? I would think you have the 32" Jensen 12v TV, you say it has power but not coming on. No TV screen lighting upI was able to access the TV and radio from the back side of my sofa where there was a plastic housing covering the wiring. I was able to pull my radio out using the two tools that accompanied my manuals. My radio was wired incorrectly and the speakers didn't work correctly using the fader and balance. Could your balance and fader be turned beyond to no speakers like mine?

Thanks. That is a thought. Using the tools to pull the radio out didn’t finish the task. The radio only came 3/4 of the way out. So I’m guessing I need to look behind the sofa for access.
DrJMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 03:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecoachdriver View Post

What two tools accompanied manuals?

Tags
305, 3050s, radio