Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #1

Over air TV on Surround Sound

I would like to get the surround sound for over air TV. I already tried going to Audio and turning sound Off and then going to Setup and changing it to Fixed and then went to front system and selectred AV2. This used to work on my unit, but now does not. I had it in for service as it needed a new power cord for that TV, surround speakers and a new DVD/Radio for in dash. I thought the plugs may be inserted wrong, so I switched them and it did not work. There are two sets of red and white cables plugged in and a red one not plugged in. Is there another way of doing this or something I am missing?

RVFamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Might help if we knew what you had.
Make model and year of camper.
Model and brand of entertainment center.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:17 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Might help if we knew what you had.
Make model and year of camper.
Model and brand of entertainment center.

Turbs
Give Turbs the info he needs & I bet he can help you - I did just what you are wanting to do but my 78 year old mind doesn't remember what I did.

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #4

It is a 2013 Sunseeker 3010 and has the Jensen TV. bclemens posted on here before and I followed those instructions (similar to my earlier note) and it worked. After having it in for a repair, now it does not. It has a new head in the dash, so not sure if the dealer did not plug in correctly or if there was another suggestion. There are red and white cables plugged into the Audio Out plugs.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Ah, you didn't tell me it used to work. If it has a new head unit I would for sure guess the dealer did not hook it back up properly. There should be a red & white plug that goes from the TV OUT on the Jensen that in turns goes to an Audio IN on the Magnadyne.

You'll also have another red/white/yellow that comes out of the Magnadyne and into AV1 on the Jensen or the switch box depending on what you have.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:42 AM   #6

Thank you bclemens! You were right. I took the head out and left the red/white/yellow wires connected. There were two sets of red/white plugs that I switched and it worked great. Thank you again!