Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2014, 05:16 PM   #41
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 10
Got the okay from factory to get alignment done and they will reimburse,can't ask for more than that. Let me give a plug here to Kelly,sales manager at Rv Wholesalers. This is my 3rd Rv in 5 years and each and every time I buy he beats every deal I get. And,beats it handily and never brow beats me about the prices I have. And his personal service after the sale can't be beat. I was texting him this past weekend on his time off and he responded back.

I have yet to see what the 5 star tuning will do.Mike the owner answered all my questions and sold me the unit on Sunday his day off. It's just rare to see these services now a days.
__________________

__________________
Kernsstmarys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:39 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Islamorado Fl Keys
Posts: 232
10-4 on rv wholesalers, am closing on my rig Tuesday
__________________

__________________
phelpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:26 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
Garrette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 954
Before spending money on stabilizers, sway bars, etc take your E450 motorhome to a big truck alignment shop and get it aligned. Take the alignment specs from this blog site and give to the alignment guy. When they tell you they will need to replace the standard ford bushings to meet the spec, say, thank you and hand over the credit card. With or without reimbursement, best single expenditure to improve the handling.
After the next long trip, June, my 3170 will be back to the shop for an alignment check now that the steering has gotten worn in.
__________________
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:00 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 440
We have a 2013 3100 with about 8000 miles. Honestly I am pretty happy with how it drives. It tracks pretty straight with just one hand (actually just a couple fingers) on the wheel. When a truck passes I generally use two hands just out of caution. I've driven the thing probably about 50 different days and have really only had to fight it a time or two. So, what say others, is it worth improving given that I'm fairly happy? If so, what and how much? Thanks!
__________________
All previous rigs below are sold - waiting until the kids graduate to the buy the next one!
'13 Forest River Sunseeker 3100 Class C
'04 Fleetwood Sedona Pop Up / Reese Mini 350 / Prodigy / BAL
'94 Coleman Cedar Pop Up
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:39 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Garrette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmlac View Post
We have a 2013 3100 with about 8000 miles. Honestly I am pretty happy with how it drives. It tracks pretty straight with just one hand (actually just a couple fingers) on the wheel. When a truck passes I generally use two hands just out of caution. I've driven the thing probably about 50 different days and have really only had to fight it a time or two. So, what say others, is it worth improving given that I'm fairly happy? If so, what and how much? Thanks!

I am thrilled you unit drives so well. All I can say is during the 3 hour journey from the dealer I questioned what had I bought. It was white knuckle the entire trip. It was truly a safety issue. After research and reading this blog, I had it aligned. I was thrilled on the 20 mile trip from the truck shop because the family was waiting for me to get home for the trip to Disney World. It drove beautifully.. I could not be happier. Oh, I did submit the bill to the dealer and got reimbursed for the alignment. I have done no additional work.
The alignment with bushings was $238 parts and labor. Took about 3 hours.
__________________
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:48 AM   #46
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 10
Garrett I 100% feel your pain. I installed the safe t plus today and inflated bags to 85 lbs, tires to 75 and 80 with no difference. I have it scheduled tomorrow to get alignment according to specs posted. Taking a 140 mile one way trip Friday and hopes that fixes it. I run a Couple Ford dealerships and we also loaded the 5 star tuner today. I'll report back on Monday and let everyone know how it went. Hoping the shift patterns changed a lot and would like to see small increase in MPG( getting 6.1 at this time with 970 miles on it). Had a 2000 Pacearrow before that I could eat a Hardys bacon double while driving the mountains in West Virginia doing 70 with one hand. So needless to say I'm alittle disappointed to spend $64,000 to get what I have right now
__________________
Kernsstmarys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:28 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernsstmarys View Post
Garrett I 100% feel your pain. I installed the safe t plus today and inflated bags to 85 lbs, tires to 75 and 80 with no difference. I have it scheduled tomorrow to get alignment according to specs posted. Taking a 140 mile one way trip Friday and hopes that fixes it. I run a Couple Ford dealerships and we also loaded the 5 star tuner today. I'll report back on Monday and let everyone know how it went. Hoping the shift patterns changed a lot and would like to see small increase in MPG( getting 6.1 at this time with 970 miles on it). Had a 2000 Pacearrow before that I could eat a Hardys bacon double while driving the mountains in West Virginia doing 70 with one hand. So needless to say I'm alittle disappointed to spend $64,000 to get what I have right now

You will be amazed what a good alignment will do to the feel and handling. Your mileage definitely is on the low side unless you are pulling a heavy toad. Also I have seen some people feel they need to run in Tow/haul mode all the time which you don't have to do and it kills fuel mileage.
__________________
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:07 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
Garrette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernsstmarys View Post
Garrett I 100% feel your pain. I installed the safe t plus today and inflated bags to 85 lbs, tires to 75 and 80 with no difference. I have it scheduled tomorrow to get alignment according to specs posted. Taking a 140 mile one way trip Friday and hopes that fixes it. I run a Couple Ford dealerships and we also loaded the 5 star tuner today. I'll report back on Monday and let everyone know how it went. Hoping the shift patterns changed a lot and would like to see small increase in MPG( getting 6.1 at this time with 970 miles on it). Had a 2000 Pacearrow before that I could eat a Hardys bacon double while driving the mountains in West Virginia doing 70 with one hand. So needless to say I'm alittle disappointed to spend $64,000 to get what I have right now

VERY interested in the 5star tuner. Have been looking at it on line but a little reluctant to purchase for several reasons. Please let us know if there is an improvement in MPG.
Does the tune harm the ford warranty?
On your mileage, you should get at least 8mpg without a toad. I do with my 3170. Just added a toad so, I will soon learn the damage.
Let us know your results. Thanks
__________________
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:58 PM   #49
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 10
Okay here's a 120 mile report. Absolutely love the 5 star tuning. Not enough miles to check fuel economy. No noticeable increase in power. BUT on the small hills we encountered there was a noticeable difference. The annoying down shifting was completely gone. So I believe when I head to Myrtle Beach the 1st of June I'll be glad I went with the purchase. The drive ability is still a issue. safe T Plus installed,alignment to specs ,all pressures set......absolute nightmare still. Never experienced anything quite like this. Every gust of crosswind blows me completely across the white lines. Requires constant attention to the road?? I'm running out of things to try?
__________________
Kernsstmarys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:03 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
Garrette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernsstmarys View Post
Okay here's a 120 mile report. Absolutely love the 5 star tuning. Not enough miles to check fuel economy. No noticeable increase in power. BUT on the small hills we encountered there was a noticeable difference. The annoying down shifting was completely gone. So I believe when I head to Myrtle Beach the 1st of June I'll be glad I went with the purchase. The drive ability is still a issue. safe T Plus installed,alignment to specs ,all pressures set......absolute nightmare still. Never experienced anything quite like this. Every gust of crosswind blows me completely across the white lines. Requires constant attention to the road?? I'm running out of things to try?

Let us know how the sway bar replacement goes. Been reading on this. Is supposed to control sway, wind push. Etc. just something else for you to try. Let us know about the MPG.
Please pose the part numbers for your safe T plus. Thanks.
__________________

__________________
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 PM.