Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2016, 11:00 AM   #1
Senior Members

pantry door lock

We have a 3010 DS Sunseeker. I was wondering if any of you have had this problem. Our pantry door lock keeps breaking. It is plastic & we have replaced it twice now. Has anyone came up with something else to use besides the lock that Forest River installs ?
And it is not because we are opening it incorrectly. We do make sure the button is released before opening the door. Also that it is pushed in and locked when we are traveling. Sorry picture is sideways. Click image for larger version

Name:	pantry door latch.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	350.5 KB
ID:	105427
Butch & Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 11:24 AM   #2

Pantry lock

We have a 3010DS also, If have had no problem with the lock except when in for service they yanked it open and broke it. I replaced it and it has had no problem in 18,000 miles, It is usually loaded pretty good when we travel, I had looked for other type of locks when they broke it maybe something metal but did not find any.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:34 PM   #3
Senior Members

Kevin and Judy, Thanks for the response. I have always made an effort to be careful when opening & closing the pantry because ours broke the first time before we even had it a week. I'm beginning to think it may not be in proper alignment to start with. Also I can't help but think the road vibrations may cause some cracking/stress on this latch. Anyhow I am ordering two latches so I can have one on hand in case it breaks again.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:40 PM   #4

Its possible some one tried to open it without unlatching it before you got it and cracked it.
I to keep a spare one with us.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:17 PM   #5
Senior Members

part #

By any change do you have the part number for the pantry door latch ?

Thank, Butch
Old 06-01-2016, 02:29 PM   #6

Here is a link to where i got my spare locks.
https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-C...v+door+latches
Old 09-29-2017, 07:44 PM   #7

did you ever find any other type of latch to replace the original? We have a 2015 forest river forester 3051S with the exact type of pantry lock and it has been a problem since we owned it. Have replaced the latch twice and am sure it will break again.
The parts person at our local dealer contacted forest river and they admitted it was a problem. We saw a newer style at an RV show and they have completely re-vamped the design so the door is on a hinge with a magnet then it is a slide lock on the pantry inside where you pull it out, Much more secure, but different enough it won't retro fit on the older ones.
jimcarol80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 02:56 PM   #8

WE HAVE NOT HAD ANY PROBLEMS SINCE WE REPLACED THE 1ST ONE, 13,000 MILES SINCE AND ALL IS GOOD. IM SuRE THERE ARE SOME OTHER TYPES OF LATCHES THAT CAN BE USED / RETROFITTED ,BUT HAVE NOT LOOKED INTO It.

Tags
door