Old 05-19-2015, 09:12 PM   #1

Pick up a slightly used 2860 DS on Friday

Well I did it, I filled out the paperwork on a slightly used Sunseeker 2860 DS tonight. I pick it up Friday, just in time for a 3 day weekend.

It is a 2014 with only 5,400 miles. Save a good bit of money over a brand new one and this thing is clean inside and out. I am sure I will be back with more questions.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:10 PM   #2

Good Luck with the 2860 DS! I have a 2013, it has two Spring trips to Florida under it's belt as well as numerous upstate NY dry camping trips. I personally find the rear "man cave" my little hideout... The main problem I had was with the outdoor kitchen door. Most from what I see warp. I've had mine replaced, it warped again. I guess that's the nature of the beast, just requires a little shoulder power to lock down both sides. The bow in it is dependent on temperature, the colder it is, the more prevalent the bow.

Other than that, they typical issues not model dependent.

Old 05-20-2015, 06:23 PM   #3

Welcome to 2860 DS. We purchased a used 2007 w 10,000 miles last year. Love it and it's in excellent condition so, I can tell you they last a long time!
Old 05-21-2015, 10:23 PM   #4

I bought a new 2014 and live it. Have had no issues I wasn't able to fix with a little research here. Did a ton of upgrades which is half the fun of having a motorhome, at least for me
Old 06-04-2015, 01:15 PM   #5

Hi,

We just bought a 2014 2860 DS-slightly used-and will pick it up from the dealer next week. I hope it proves to be as nice a RV as it seems to be. We are very excited. This is our 1st one. I will appreciate any hints and tips.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi Lucy View Post
This is our 1st one. I will appreciate any hints and tips.
I have had two travel trailers, in the last 2 years but this is my first RV. So far I love it. It has storage that puts my TT to shame. Check out my other post with two videos on the Sunseeker. It is pretty easy to drive but do have to pay attention to the long backend on it. You will love it.

Tags
light