Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2015, 07:35 PM   #21

TVs

So...for the most part I'm loving it so far, but here's a couple notes for anyone else going down this path.

I have two TVs in my unit, one in the LR and one in the bedroom. Although both of them have HDMI ports, none of those ports is accessible without literally unmounting the TVs. I can't believe they were so short sighted with this. They need a little A/V expertise at this company, because the designers clearly aren't people who use their TVs, lol. I have to believe this is a major issue for anyone who wants to use a DVD player, an Xbox, a Roku or whatever.

On another note, because the LR TV is Dc powered, there is no AC power anywhere near it. that means for anything you DO want to connect to it, you[ve got no choice but to have wires running everywhere.

On a positive note, I got the unit with automatic leveling and OMG I am going to love that -- they work great and easy to use!
jeffreymhardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 09:14 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreymhardy View Post
So...for the most part I'm loving it so far, but here's a couple notes for anyone else going down this path.

I have two TVs in my unit, one in the LR and one in the bedroom. Although both of them have HDMI ports, none of those ports is accessible without literally unmounting the TVs. I can't believe they were so short sighted with this. They need a little A/V expertise at this company, because the designers clearly aren't people who use their TVs, lol. I have to believe this is a major issue for anyone who wants to use a DVD player, an Xbox, a Roku or whatever.

On another note, because the LR TV is Dc powered, there is no AC power anywhere near it. that means for anything you DO want to connect to it, you[ve got no choice but to have wires running everywhere.

On a positive note, I got the unit with automatic leveling and OMG I am going to love that -- they work great and easy to use!

Our unit just has the one tv in the living area but we ran Hdmi and usb extensions to the ports then remounted the tv. Then just tuck the cables up behind the tv when not in use.
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:26 AM   #23

TVs

Yes that's what I'll have to do too, but then I still have the power issue. I'll probably end up having to figure out how to put an AC outlet somewhere close up there so I don't have a mess of wires.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:40 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwalkerpa1 View Post
Congratulations! We picked our 3010ds up just about a year ago. It's had the typical warranty items but nothing serious.

We've spent the winter customizing it and are getting ready to head to Alaska soon.

We've found that 60 psi in the airbags makes it handle well.

We are really happy with ours.

Have fun!
jrwalker, we just got our 3010 and are still getting used to it. Question on the 60 psi in the air bags. Are you towing? Does it make a difference towing or not towing?
tapadunbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:00 AM   #25

There's a 120v power outlet above the sink. I built a shelf under the tv to hold the components, then I run the power behind and under. You can barely see it.
jjlavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:02 AM   #26

Like so...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1431691314264.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	77002  
jjlavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:59 AM   #27

TV

You're right - didn't see that there. Still, if I don't want to see wires I'll have to do something like you did...the shelf is a great idea
Old 05-15-2015, 03:41 PM   #28

Couple more comments...

So here are a couple more things that have come up after pretty much a full day of camping I mention these things not as complaints but as honest feedback:

1. The AC is very loud...much louder than my 2006 Coachmen. I don't know why but when that thing is running, its pretty hard to watch TV or do anything else that requires hearing.

2. On a related note, the thermostat is in the bedroom. Why they did this, I have no idea but it's a little baffling because the bedroom is a smaller more confined area which is going to reach temperature a lot faster than the much larger LR/Kitchen area. So the temperature setting really is never accurate as a result. You basically have to just set it until it's comfy in the big area, which of course makes the bedroom freezing.

3. My icemaker wasn't working. I had to remove the drawer under the oven, locate a little push button knob that says "Pull to Close." I tried to pull it, but it wouldn't come any further, then I pushed it in and heard a click. I assume it's now got water, but will have to wait awhile to see if it actually produces ice.

Now the positives:

I love the fact that there's hardly anything to hit your head on. They've done a good job of recessing things and just basic design to keep tall people from killing themselves. (All except that bedroom slide which I have banged my head on twice, lol. Sheer stupidity on my part)

The toilet is top notch...much more "housey" feeling. Maybe it's just because my Coachmen had a crappy (no pun intended) old one in it.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:26 PM   #29
Commercial Member

1. The AC is very loud...much louder than my 2006 Coachmen.
-Make sure you have the main grill (at the A/C) closed to make sure it is running through the duct, should be quieter then.

2. On a related note, the thermostat is in the bedroom. Why they did this?
-well, there are various reasons. can't go on an exterior wall, don't want it near the oven. The A/C louvers are adjustable, so just close the damper down to balance out the cooling. Close them off in the bedroom.

As for the A/V, we use TV's, I wire up all my own A/V equipment, we understand it and use it, but we design for 90% of our buyers that are not all that tech savvy yet. We're seeing younger buyers, but we have no idea what anyone is installing. You still get those people buying that ask "why do you need to a TV camping" and the people asking where do I put my (4) apple TV's.

All the TV's do come off pretty easily if you know what you're doing and when they aren't we have added an HDMI port.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:22 PM   #30

Thanks for this...that all makes sense.

2015 Sunseeker 3010DS
Old 05-15-2015, 10:46 PM   #31

We trashed that terrible couch in our 2014 3010ds and replaced it with a double recliner theater seat. Now we really love our unit.
gmatti1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 06:42 AM   #32

The couch is comfortable to sit on, but not long enough to lay on unless your 4 feet tall. I may take your idea because there's plenty of aisle room for a recliner

2015 Sunseeker 3010DS
Old 05-16-2015, 06:48 AM   #33

So after a night, couple more things come to mind. First, the thickness of the walls definitely helps keep noise out. I'm on a site where the next sites fire pit area is only a few yards out my back window. They happen to be night fishers and were literally out there all night. I didn't hear them at all. I saw their lights but the wall thickness absolutely helped me get a good nights sleep. Second the little tab I mentioned DID fix the ice maker. It has to be pushed in until you feel it click. I ended up turning the lever off because I didn't want the ice dropping all night waking me up and now its cranking. Also the temp display on the fridge is really useful. I don't know about you but I always think my RV fridge isn't cool enough...not just this RV any RV. when I can look up and see 34 on the display it gives me confidence that none of my food will spoil

2015 Sunseeker 3010DS