Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2014, 04:59 PM   #1

Playing DVD on Outside Kitchen Jensen TV on 2014 2860DS?

Wife wanted to play a DVD on the outside kitchen TV but couldn't. I thought you could from the front radio/ player but couldn't. Is it possible or not? I had told her it could play so she wasn't happy with me LOL and I didn't see a DVD player on it
Thanks
RON
asparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 12:25 PM   #2
Commercial Member

This has been covered a few times for the bedroom TV as the 2860 outside TV has the same situation as the bedroom TV.

For years, RV's had low def TV's. Coax came in...coax got split to every TV, no big deal. As digital signals became the law of the land doing this produced less than satisfactory results. We used to use a switch box, but again the signal gets split so many times that by time you got to another TV the signal had degraded. Instead, we try and feed every TV individually for the best image.

It cane be done, but not without some parts.

NO SWITCH BOX
Basically there is one output from the dash DVD player (red/white/yellow). There is no coax out from the dash dvd. So you would need to split the Red/white/yellow. One set goes directly to the main TV, the other set would go into a convertor (can get those at Radio shack). that converts the composite cables to coax cable. You can then feed that into the top coax cable of the jumper

SWITCH BOX
If you have a switch box, that already acts as the convertor. Make sure everything is on DVD. On the outside TV you would turn to channel 3 or 4 with a DVD playing and then scan for channels. Again, image quality (converting composite to coax) is poor.

You'd be better off buying a $30 DVD player and feeding the TV with HDMI.

Diagram of the wiring attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Satellite Connections.pdf (66.1 KB, 56 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:39 PM   #3

the bedroom tv has a dvd player built in.. dealer said outside tv ran off dash unit... making it sound like we just had to figure out how to do it.. I've used the converters before, and, Buying a audio video cable set and splitter no problem, running them through the wall to outside tv another story. I saw a tv/cable splitter under the double door refrig when looking and not finding the icemaker valve that I probably could use but, sadly I agree much easier to get a dvd player and HDMI cable. Chalk up another bad info from the dealer onto the growing list... Kind of sad...

Thanks for the info BC, I did search and found a similar post that I just asked the same question a few minutes ago.. but didn't see this same situation asked before

RON
Old 08-10-2014, 07:37 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Well, you don't necessarily have to go through the wall. that TV gets an antenna feed via coax. That same coax is what feeds the park cable. But again, me personally, I would never be satisfied unless the outside TV was HD and you only get that with "over the air" signal or a direct connected bluray player.

Actually if you had a bluray player you should be able to feed the outside TV and the inside TV. Run a little IR repeater or an RF remote and that would work well.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:47 PM   #5

Yes, we have watched over the air on the coax on the outside kitchen TV. I don't really play many DVDs anymore... I use this in the bedroom and outside kitchen
Amazon.com: IncrediSonic Ultra Play IMP150 - HD TV Digital Mini Media Player - 1080p - Play any file from USB HDDs/Flashdrives/Memory Cards: Electronics but my wife had made a dvd to show some friends on our Telegraph Cove BC fishing trip and wasn't very happy. I didn't have anything to put the file on my memory sticks or my 2 GIG electronic hard drive I use with the incredisonic media player. It has lots of media types inputs (USB, mem cards , my little electronic hard drive) and It has a HDMI and RCA's output so with the inverter below its actually a pretty great little system, whether driving down the road, dry camping, or hooked to shore power... plays the same with a great picture.

and with this to power the 120VAC media player if I'm dry camping with no ac or don't /can't run the generator. plus all my small USB charging. It works great but the little fan is noticeable .. But, not to loud behind the doors of the door mounted TV's in bedroom and kitchen. I am going to see if it will run the small 120VAC refrig in the outside kitchen.. just haven't gotten to it yet Amazon.com : BESTEK Dual 110V AC outlets and Dual USB 3.1A 300w power inverter car dc 12v to 110v ac inverter dc adapter laptop charger notebook adapter dc charger ac adapter usb charger MRI3011BU : Vehicle Power Inverters : Car Electronics

All in all it will play pretty much all media for the price of a cheap DVD player. I don't use the dash unit for the main tv for dvd type stuff.. menus on the media player are easier to navigate!

thanks

RON

Tags
2014, dvd, outdoor kitchen