Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2014, 11:26 AM   #1
Jdk

Please clarify 2300 cable hook up

Use a tailgater and run wire through window to receiver. Just wanted to clarify that there wasn't a way to make cable hook up in rear of coach work with satellite. Considering adding new hookup to outside of coach. Just wanted to check before drilling a hole. Also have been just sitting receiver onto to bunk. Has anyone come up with a better idea on mounting the 211z receiver?
Jdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 02:18 PM   #2
Commercial Member

You have to make sure that the antenna booster is off. Otherwise the Sat cable will not work through the exterior park cable.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:43 PM   #3
Jdk

Found and old post which told me how to do it. Took the faceplate off where the TV cables all come in. unhooked the outside cable and hooked it directly to receiver and it worked. Then added a satellite splitter and rehooked the cable to the faceplate. Since I don't have cable not sure that it will work but I really think it will. I am not an a very technical person but I kept looking at the pictures and figured it out. Still wish I could get the signal to the BR TV but since my receiver is a 211z there is no out going cable hook up. Just really happy we can use the existing outside cable hook up.
Jdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 06:05 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Yes. We're going to satellite prep all units going forward on roof & ext and no longer offer satellite option. The problem is trying to keep up with every possible configuration. Dish just stopped putting coax out on that 211 receiver.

Problem with trying to run HDMI is that not everyone has switched over. We'd have to run coax, hdmi and composite to try and cover everyone.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:37 AM   #5
Ready to go Camping!

What i have done on all mine is to pull the box... Locate the wire that comes from the outside of the camper. It will be one of the cables on the back of that plate.... Take it off. Go to radio shack or box store and get a double male cable connector... Drill an extra hole in the plate.... Theres room. Hook the wire from the outside to it. Hook your satellite dish to that connector. Run hdmi to your tv and leave the other cable from the plate (the original one) hooked to your tv for over the air reception. Now you have the best of both worlds... Local ota channels and satellite by just switching inputs on the tv. And you dont have to run a new cable/satellite wire.
Orangewing is offline   Reply With Quote