Old 05-27-2015, 09:17 PM   #11

My CR-V has two iron tow loops welded to the frame near the front bumper. I bolted two heavy chains to the dollie with clamps on one end that connects to the loops on the CR-V. It takes just a few seconds to connect each one. I can also adjust the links on the chain.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:21 PM   #12

Looks like they have made some new improvements since I got mine about 3 yrs ago.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:22 PM   #13

I have both. Flat tow a Tacoma Prerunner. For the dolly I have the choice of 2 different cars. Depends on which vehicle we take. I have the Roadmaster Falcon 2 with the Roadmaster Brakemaster with breakaway (air over hydraulic) for the flat tow. My dolly has surge brakes. Hooking up the flat tow is not quick as need to hook up the tow bars, then hook up the safety cables (x2), then plug in the air for brakes, then clip on the breakaway cable, then plug in the electrical (for running lights/brake lights), then set the Brakemaster inside the vehicle clipping it to the floor, then hook to the peddle, then plug in the air. Do all the same for unhooking. Not quick but can do most with only bending over or getting on a knee. Now hooking up the dolly is drive it on, then put on the tire straps (x2) and tighten down, then plug in electrical for lights, then must get down on a knee(s) to hook up safety chains. I prefer the flat tow, but I think the dolly is easier but then you have the problem of what to do with a dolly when camping. Perhaps I just have the wrong flat tow system and others are easier.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:18 PM   #14

I went with a Tandem Tow Dolly so we can carry either the golf cart or motorcycle and our Fiesta. To help deal with tongue weight and maneuvering around I removed the stock jack and added the Trailer Valet. It is incredibly awesome I have a pretty good incline on my driveway and can crank it down the hill and park on a dime exactly where I need it.

SternHappens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat