Old 11-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #1

Power boostet button tv antenna

I have a 2013 3170ds. I cannot find the power booster button for the TV antenna for the life of me. I have had 3 other types of RV's so i am fairly familiar as of where it would be. I asked the dealer and they did not seemed to know either. Any thoughts?

Cjhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #2

On the Sunseeker, you likely don't have one. The antenna is powered from your switch box. You do have a switch box, right? By Magnadyne I believe?

BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #3

It is were the coax cable connects to the wall its the little button with a light next to it .Your trailer might also not come with one, everyone is using satellite TV and most of your RV parks have cable TV hookups. It might also be another way for the manufactures to keep there cost down by not installing them.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #4

90% of my camping ventures are at state parks. No cable, no satellite, I rely on the Winegard TV antenna. My 2011 Sunseeker 2300 had the wall switch with the little light to turn on the amp, my 2013 Sunseeker 2860DS antenna is powered by the switch box in the cabinet.
KQ2N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #5

Cabinet above the door, little tiny unlit button next to the coax connection actually on the wall plate.
mikes2sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:04 AM   #6
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
On the Sunseeker, you likely don't have one. The antenna is powered from your switch box. You do have a switch box, right? By Magnadyne I believe?
As Barry said, there are (2) options.

1. White or Black plate where the front TV plugs in (12v) there will be a small button that will turn on the light on the switch plate. If you can't find this, more than likely is is option #2.

2. You have a switch box from Magnadyne. This box is a powered box. If it is on "Antenna" it is feeding through the power antenna feed. The other outputs are not supposed to be boosted, but I have not had good luck with Sat or Cable through this box. I normally bypass it.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote