Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2016, 08:03 PM   #1

power drains

I've been trying to figure out what is draining power on my 2016 3010DS when the power cutoff is off. I realized that the Jenson radio always has a red light on around the power switch. I wonder why they wired that to the coach battery and then bypassed the switch. Any one got a guess.

The other thing I found peculiar is that the generator starter is powered from the coach battery. Seems kind of silly that your trying to start the generator with the batteries you hope to charge. Another down side is that a pure 12v deep cycle or golf cart batteries aren't a good option because they don't have the CCA. My prior Class C was a 1996 and the geneator was wired to the truck battery. Made more sense to me. Is it just mine, just this model or does the whole industry do it this way now.
kins83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:21 PM   #2
Site Team

Propane /CO detector is also always on.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:26 PM   #3

Only thing I can think of with the radio is that it may need battery power to keep its settings (stations, etc.), or they may figure you want to listen to the radio without powering-up the whole rig.

K-R.
Kchula-Rrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 03:40 AM   #4

If your coach batteries are too low to start the generator, you can start the chassis engine and the battery control center will connect the chassis 12 volt system to the coach 12 volt system and you can then start the generator.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 04:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kins83 View Post
I've been trying to figure out what is draining power on my 2016 3010DS when the power cutoff is off. I realized that the Jenson radio always has a red light on around the power switch. I wonder why they wired that to the coach battery and then bypassed the switch. Any one got a guess.

The other thing I found peculiar is that the generator starter is powered from the coach battery. Seems kind of silly that your trying to start the generator with the batteries you hope to charge. Another down side is that a pure 12v deep cycle or golf cart batteries aren't a good option because they don't have the CCA. My prior Class C was a 1996 and the geneator was wired to the truck battery. Made more sense to me. Is it just mine, just this model or does the whole industry do it this way now.
How long does this drain take?? Possible bad cell in one?? Do a load test. Indicator lights and smoke detectors and radios will not drain a battery. Thier LED. They run in your house for over 1 year and a 9 volt.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, power