Old 05-07-2014, 11:41 AM   #21

First of all I have nothing against BClemens. I have been told there is no problem with my rv and there is. The certified repair shop identified that.

Old 05-07-2014, 01:51 PM   #22
GM

I will continue to look into this, but from what I could tell they were already slated to meet and discuss the unit. I will typically ask that they look over something again add info where I can, they were already doing that so my involvement does not add value at this time.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:32 PM   #23

We have a new Sunseeker 2500TS. It's a 2015 we just bought in April. Other than some mistakes in plumbing assembly (reversed hot & cold supply) we are quite happy with the initial quality and the Dealer support.

Frankly the only real issue I have with the product is that the range hood exterior flap is not strong enough for the application. Even when properly latched on the bottom, the upper edge of the flap is not strong enough. It rattles due to pressure changes and air movement above 60mph. Duct tape is the easy fix. I'm sure there is something a bit more re-usable someone else has come up with.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:51 PM   #24

Ok, new problem (BIG ONE!)...we took our first big trip with the Sunseeker 3170 ds early this week and will be camping at Disney for the next 2 weeks! Sounds great, right!?!?!?
Well, it rains a lot in Florida this time of year and we noticed yesterday that the window on the rear slide leaks! Badly!!!
Our dealer says the only way to get it fixed under warranty is to take it in to a Forest River dealer.
What do I do!? I can miss part of my vacation and take it to a dealer for repair, I can let it leak and ruin my new MH, or I can trade a brand new MH with 2 k miles on a newer one so I can continue my vacation????

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2014, 02:57 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAWDWCamper View Post
Ok, new problem (BIG ONE!)...we took our first big trip with the Sunseeker 3170 ds early this week and will be camping at Disney for the next 2 weeks! Sounds great, right!?!?!?
Well, it rains a lot in Florida this time of year and we noticed yesterday that the window on the rear slide leaks! Badly!!!
Our dealer says the only way to get it fixed under warranty is to take it in to a Forest River dealer.
What do I do!? I can miss part of my vacation and take it to a dealer for repair, I can let it leak and ruin my new MH, or I can trade a brand new MH with 2 k miles on a newer one so I can continue my vacation????

Duck Tape and Camp On! Youroo!!
Old 06-13-2014, 02:59 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Duck Tape and Camp On! Youroo!!
We can't figure out where the water is coming from. We cut a garbage bag and taped it over the window and tucked it under the awning but still lots of water when it rains hard.

I am a duck tape believer too.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:21 PM   #27

New RV might have the same or other probs so I wouldn't do that.
Try closing the slide tight when it rains and see if it still leaks. If not then it's the top of the slide.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:26 PM   #28
GM

Window on the rear slide? So one of the bunk windows?

"Our Dealer says" is your dealer NOT a Forester River dealer? If you call service (PS I am told that in every packet that goes out there should be a letter stating multiple ways to get service) they can give you the closest location. Coach Net is free for the first year, they can give you the closest service location.

How do you know it is the window leaking? And yet can't find the source? Does the trash bag cover the top of the window or the whole window? Is it leaking where the panes cross? Something doesn't seem right here.

Is water getting in on top of the slide somehow and leaking down where the window is?
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 06-13-2014, 03:28 PM   #29
GM

Copy of letter.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Forester New Owner Customer Service Letter.pdf (26.6 KB, 57 views)
Old 06-13-2014, 03:48 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Window on the rear slide? So one of the bunk windows?

"Our Dealer says" is your dealer NOT a Forester River dealer? If you call service (PS I am told that in every packet that goes out there should be a letter stating multiple ways to get service) they can give you the closest location. Coach Net is free for the first year, they can give you the closest service location.

How do you know it is the window leaking? And yet can't find the source? Does the trash bag cover the top of the window or the whole window? Is it leaking where the panes cross? Something doesn't seem right here.

Is water getting in on top of the slide somehow and leaking down where the window is?
The water is coming inside the camper at the lower left corner of the top bunk window. We thought it was coming from the top of the window, but we were able to cover the entire window and above with a garbage bag taped up.
Since the water is still coming in as fast as ever, we don't know where it is entering from the outside now, but we know it comes to the inside through the top bunk window.

Our dealer is a forest River but we are not happy with them keeping their word so I will leave that for a different time and place. Right now I am trying to get to a point where I can enjoy vacation and not worry about our slide being ruined or moldy.

Tags
sunseeker