Old 06-13-2014, 03:51 PM   #31

I did ask their service department what could be done and they told me to find my closest FR dealer and we're NOT helpful! We were able to locate Orlando RV as a FR dealer but they needed us to bring it to them for warranty work. Referred us to a mobile rv repairman but he isn't covered under warranty so we would pay him a couple hundred bucks minimum to try to fix (without any parts)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Old 06-13-2014, 03:52 PM   #32
GM

slide in or out?

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:54 PM   #33

Slide out, but now trying slide in. We are taking the kids in to the parks for the evening so I won't know how that works until it rains again. I am not sure if I am wishing for rain to find the problem or wishing against it so I don't have to deal with it right now.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:56 PM   #34

I did try calling Forest River for help and was guided to Mike who is off until Monday.

Old 06-13-2014, 04:01 PM   #35
GM

Well good thing I'm here

By all means continue the trip...hopefully slide in solves the issue for now until someone can take a look at it. Sounds very peculiar that you can cover the window and still get water through that window. Obviously leads me to believe it is something above the slide...but then it would have to be getting in under the slide topper. What slide topper is shorter than we would like, but thats the compromise with the main awning so close.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:11 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Well good thing I'm here

By all means continue the trip...hopefully slide in solves the issue for now until someone can take a look at it. Sounds very peculiar that you can cover the window and still get water through that window. Obviously leads me to believe it is something above the slide...but then it would have to be getting in under the slide topper. What slide topper is shorter than we would like, but thats the compromise with the main awning so close.
B CLEMENS, I really appreciate your help! We will keep trouble shooting between taking the kids to have fun but the prospect of dealing with water coming in to the camper for the next 2 weeks is not a happy thought.

Old 06-13-2014, 04:20 PM   #37

I have pictures of everything if anyone can tell me how to post them using the tapa talk app

Old 06-13-2014, 05:05 PM   #38

Here is a link to a video showing the water entrance and another link to a picture of the outside band aid.

Water Entry Inside Video by PAWDWCamper | Photobucket

Outside Window Cover Photo by PAWDWCamper | Photobucket
Old 06-13-2014, 05:45 PM   #39

Water Damage

Wow! That is terrible! Water inside is not good at all. I feel your pain. I just can't see my water coming in but I know it is when driving you can hear air. So if you're driving in the rain then it's obvious water is getting in.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:42 PM   #40
Average Joe

Could it be coming in at the bottom of the glass?

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker