Old 08-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #11

Thought about disconnecting it but as I said the LP gas was empty and regulator did need to be replaced so which came first the gas problem or the detector problem? Either way we did not feel safe sleeping in it.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #12

On another thread many (including me) have reported faulty regulators, so I am guessing that it was happened first for you.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #13

On a recent trip, our alarm was alarming for gas at random intervals until finally at 1 AM I disconnected power to it. The LP tank was isolated and we were plugged into shore power. Coach is still under warranty so it needs to be replaced by the dealer. Haven't checked for a date on the alarm yet but the coach is less than a year old. Does "low battery" refer to electrolyte level or voltage?
Old 08-31-2013, 08:11 AM   #14

Low voltage will trigger the alarm in much the same way as a smoke detector will begin chirping when it's battery is low. Also fumes from things like hair spray can trigger the alarm.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:21 AM   #15

Thank you to all who have contributed to this discussion. We can't get an appt with the dealer until 9/18/13 to have it looked it. We could "pick up the part and put it in ourselves" but I would like to have the thing checked out. After all - in addition to the manu warranty from FR we purchased all the extended warranties.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:45 AM   #16

I understand your desire to have the dealer take care of it, but if the wait is too long, it is an easy fix. A couple of wrenches and some gas pipe sealant to put on the threads and about 10 minutes is all it takes.

There obviously is a bad batch of regulators that Forest River is using. I suppose they may not be aware of it since many of us have dealt with it ourselves. That might be an added bonus of going to the dealer so it can be documented.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:42 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvBill3
I understand your desire to have the dealer take care of it, but if the wait is too long, it is an easy fix. A couple of wrenches and some gas pipe sealant to put on the threads and about 10 minutes is all it takes.

There obviously is a bad batch of regulators that Forest River is using. I suppose they may not be aware of it since many of us have dealt with it ourselves. That might be an added bonus of going to the dealer so it can be documented.
X2, both easy to renew Do Not leave home without it!
Old 08-31-2013, 02:07 PM   #18
2012 Solera

Recommend you find a "good" (Internet User posts?) local, non-affiliated RV repair shop. Call or e-mail Forest River warranty department (April Conner?) and get pre-approval. Get the work done, pay the shop, send the bill to April to get reimbursed. My experience - MUCH faster, more convenient, and MORE competent repair than at dealer.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #19

I didn't know you could do that. Update - I went to my dealer because they didn't return my call to confirm my appt. (not unusual at this dealer) and got the name and e-mail of the Sunseeker Warranty Rep at Forest River which I will post here IF I get a response from him. My appt is moved up to next Saturday but I am so disgruntled at this whole business of how difficult it is to get straight information and repairs taken care of in a NEW RV that I am really regretting buying it. The manager at the dealership is a condescending ass whose customer service/people skills are appalling.
That being said everyone in this forum has been nothing but friendly and helpful. Thank you!
Old 09-01-2013, 10:28 AM   #20

So stop using that dealer! Vote with your feet.