Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2013, 09:15 AM   #21
Commercial Member

Cavagna is the mfg on the regulator. I think they were in here a while back and wanted to see a couple of them. I haven't heard anything about it since...so maybe it was a bad batch???

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvBill3 View Post
Also fumes from things like hair spray can trigger the alarm.
I found out this weekend that roach and ant spray will do it too.

Had to turn on/open the bathroom vent fan to clear the fumes out, and the alarm turned itself off. That little puppy is loud.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #23

There's a button on the front that will silence the alarm.
'94 Coleman Cedar Pop Up
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #24

The button only works for a short time. If it is time to be replaced then it will sound again soon and loud and for some reason in the wee hours if the morning. Lol.

I didn't contact the dealer or forest river because our camper is a 2011 that we bought used. I was surprised that the replace date said 2010 and it was supposed to last five years. Will see how the new one holds up. But it was very easy to replace. Kind of like the smoke alarms in my house.

stonekeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #25

Correct. I was referring to using the button to silence a false alarm due to something like an aerosol can setting it off (per the post right above mine).
'94 Coleman Cedar Pop Up
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #26

Some of you are probably getting tired of seeing me post this.... But for those of you that haven't seen it, for your own safety please just spend the 30 bucks and get a detector with a digital read out. It's the only true way to know exactly what's going on. You can physically see the number increasing and know there is a problem before it gets to dangerous levels.
MotocrossCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:54 AM   #27
Commercial Member

I'm not getting tired of it. Makes me fell better about posting the same thing a gazillion times.

Old 09-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #28

the latest - I have heard nothing from the Forest River warranty rep. I sent a long email detailing the whole story. Having the system checked this Saturday by the dealer (ugh!) It's the principal of the thing. A brand new RV should not have these problems
MarkandSandyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #29

I have verified that the coach battery voltage and water levels are not the cause of our 4 alarms. Propane was isolated at the tank so there is no question in my mind that the gas detector/alarm unit is defective.
Sawdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:31 AM   #30

The latest and last update - Dealer found no leaks in the gas system and offered to order a new gas detector even though there is "nothing wrong with it" - funny they had one in stock last weekend when it was suggested that I fix it myself. I never heard from the FR warranty rep. So we are picking up the RV on Monday and driving it to a competitor to be sold on consignment. If this is what it takes to be an RV enthusiast, I don't have the time or patience for it. Good luck to all of you though.
MarkandSandyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #31
Graduate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkandSandyNY View Post
The latest and last update - Dealer found no leaks in the gas system and offered to order a new gas detector even though there is "nothing wrong with it" - funny they had one in stock last weekend when it was suggested that I fix it myself. I never heard from the FR warranty rep. So we are picking up the RV on Monday and driving it to a competitor to be sold on consignment. If this is what it takes to be an RV enthusiast, I don't have the time or patience for it. Good luck to all of you though.
Sorry to see you go. And yes, about 10% of the time I have a problem with my camper. Whether it was a flooding shower, no heat, dead batteries or even having the blinkers go out. I do think it is part of the "price of admission".

I don't mean that rudely - or that a camper is just for the well off who can afford to throw money at the problems. I just think that anytime I start doing something new, it's going to take some time/experience to get into the grove of that thing.

I know you're frustrated, and I would be too. But it's just an alarm. An annoying alarm to be sure. But there were many times I turned to my wife and said I'm ready to sell (see overflowing shower). I'm glad I stuck with it. After those couple hurdles, the other 90% of no problem camping with my family really makes it worth it to us. I wish you the best.
2012 - 26 days

RoadTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #32
Commercial Member

I have a pool and I swear its like owning a boat.

Service work is expensive and everyone seems to need it at the same time (in season) so they backlog is large.

Recently pool place wanted $700 (and a couple of weeks) to replace a control board. I ended up finding a forum like this. Re-placed a $2 thermistor??? with instructions from same forum. Worked like charm.

Old 09-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I have a pool and I swear its like owning a boat.

Service work is expensive and everyone seems to need it at the same time (in season) so they backlog is large.

Recently pool place wanted $700 (and a couple of weeks) to replace a control board. I ended up finding a forum like this. Re-placed a $2 thermistor??? with instructions from same forum. Worked like charm.
Just the word pool makes me cringe! Thank god that as my kids got older they had no interest in one anymore.
MotocrossCamper is offline   Reply With Quote