Old 07-12-2015, 12:38 PM   #1

Propane Gauge/Level

In May I picked up a new Sunseeker MBS 2400S and although it has the usual prerequisite of several small issues, I've enjoyed it quite a bit and have spent about 15 nights in it so far.

I need some help with the propane system. Everything works, and there is a gauge on the tank as well as on the panel inside. Supposedly the dealer filled the tank before I left (and there is gas since the stove and fridge work) but the panel inside has always showed it empty. I thought perhaps it wasn't hooked up to the panel.

So I looked at the gauge on the tank and don't know how to read it. There is no needle or anything I can see to indicate how full (or empty) the tank is... There is a wire coming from the gauge going up so now I assume it is hooked up to the panel inside. Is it defective? Am I dumb? Any ideas or advice?
I've attached a photo of the gauge on the tank.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LPG.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	332.0 KB
ID:	82646  

My Camera, and a lot of Dreams
jayvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:46 PM   #2

Yeah something's not right. Mine has a clearly visible needle.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:25 AM   #3

Have you had the tank filled ?
If its empty the needle falls behind the plugin on the guage and you cant see it.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:45 AM   #4
Old Enough to Know Better

The pointer is the red ring, it is possible for it to be "hiding" behind the wire connector.
pop the dial off (it just snaps on) and take a small magnet to the back of the dial to move it, while doing that check your panel indications, if all is well take some sand paper and clean out the recess in the gauge. If it doesnt work with a magnet start by checking wire connections. Good luck
Old 07-18-2015, 11:28 PM   #5

The gauge on my 2015 (purchased 2014) hasn't worked since the day we bought it. It's been back to the dealer twice and I have my doubts if they fixed it correctly this time too. It's the same problem. Gauge never moves.

It's great when you run out of propane in the middle of a camping trip and the gauge hasn't moved from the day it came back from the dealer. <not a happy camper>
Old 07-19-2015, 02:09 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin & Judy View Post
Have you had the tank filled ?
If its empty the needle falls behind the plugin on the gauge and you can't see it.
The dealer filled the tank and indeed it has gas because I've been using it. Since they filled it I don't understand why they couldn't have caught this issue... Especially since the panel said empty right after they filled it.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:11 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman6674 View Post
The pointer is the red ring, it is possible for it to be "hiding" behind the wire connector.
pop the dial off (it just snaps on) and take a small magnet to the back of the dial to move it, while doing that check your panel indications, if all is well take some sand paper and clean out the recess in the gauge. If it doesnt work with a magnet start by checking wire connections. Good luck
I'll give that a shot. Thanks!
Old 08-24-2015, 09:17 PM   #8

Send a message via Yahoo to MSGCOONS
I had the same issue, but drove 240 miles, it magically started to work. Seems the float in the tank does stick.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:17 AM   #9

I've had a similar problem. My inside panel doesn't work for LP but the needle on the tank seems to work just fine. I have been told while filling that my tank has an issue with the bleeder. It doesn't vent gas when I get the tank filled.

These are on my list of things to have resolved when I go in for warranty work. I'd be curious to know of any solutions or more ideas about what causes the internal panel monitor to not work.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSGCOONS View Post
I had the same issue, but drove 240 miles, it magically started to work. Seems the float in the tank does stick.
I don't think I'll be that lucky. After 3,600 miles it hasn't worked at all. I haven't monkeyed with it, though. Maybe if I hit it a few times...

Tags
propane