Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2015, 02:17 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzzlme View Post
The 2013 3010DS came with an external hook up for the grill. Did they not put it in the newer model?
That's what I've been trying to determine. If it's there and Trail Blazer had the extra gas line added because the quick connect didn't fit, there's an easier approach.

Replace the regulator on the grill regulator assembly with a male quick-connect. The supply hose on the trailer is already low pressure, so the regulator isn't necessary. Connect the grill directly to the quick-connect supply from the trailer.

Buy a Camco 57628 hose with regulator and female quick connect. That allows use of a standard disposable bottle when away from the trailer. It also allows me to connect to my propane distribution tree, which isn't regulated.

The above arrangement works well. I know, because I'm using it on my RoadTrip grill. The grill and the inside stove are compatible. We've used both at the same time.

I adapted it from a YouTube video linked below. In that video the user says to remove a spring-loaded valve from the regulator assembly. DON'T. It's a safety feature to prevent free-flowing propane when the regulator tube isn't connected. I left it in mine and it works fine.

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 02:48 PM   #62
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

It appears that the volume of gas is lower than what is needed to run the appliances. Could the tank valve have a restriction to supply ample fuel to the lines? It's like to have a garden hose connected to a fire hose and expect full volume out of the fire hose. Also is there enough propane in the tank ( is it almost empty?).
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 03:50 PM   #63

The tank is 3/4 full. I was told that the tee being used is before the regulators on the coach, therefore it would be high pressure. That would mean I would need a grill with a regulator on it for me to connect to. The units come with the grill hookup as an add on. My unit didn't have that. I discussed with the dealer I would like to have a grill hookup. They installed a tee before the regulators on the coach, and told me what i needed.
Trail blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 04:07 PM   #64
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

What the dealer did should be correct. With either appliance running by itself it seem to OK. I think the manifold (the T) pressure/volume is too low with both burners running. One of the regulators is allowing the pressure to drop to cause the other not to flow properly.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 04:27 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by elind View Post
What the dealer did should be correct. With either appliance running by itself it seem to OK. I think the manifold (the T) pressure/volume is too low with both burners running. One of the regulators is allowing the pressure to drop to cause the other not to flow properly.
Thats kind of what I said back at post #24 and I had been drinking then.
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:47 PM   #66

I just fired the grill up again, it is burning as if it is set on high, but it is set on low. I am assuming the regulator has gone bad on the grill as someone has already mentioned. Looks like I need a new regulator for the grill.
Trail blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:26 PM   #67

When you get a grill with your MH, there is a quick disconnect installed and the grill doesn't have a regulator. The feed for the grill is after the MH regulator. I can't tell you why yours isn't working, but a I can tell that what I described does work. If I were you, I would make the dealer install a quick disconnect AFTER the MH regulator and buy the hose others have referred to for the grill. That's the way the factory does it and it works.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
Old 04-25-2015, 07:39 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by wana65stang View Post
Thats kind of what I said back at post #24 and I had been drinking then.
x2 and then some
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 01:43 PM   #69

Send a message via Yahoo to MSGCOONS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trbomax View Post
Just take the regulater off the grille and hook the RV supply line direct with a proper quick connect with a shut off ,as are made for that.Otherwise you will be regulateing the supply twice and it will work,but the burner output will be only about 50%.

edit)just reread the OP,thought you were T ing off the RV supply line under the trailer.If you are tapping in before the RV regulater,then you will need to cut the pressuer down with the grill regulater. Ive never seen it done that way and would not want the unregulated supply line underfoot at the campsite.
The regulator for the grill is specific for that grill. Never remove it,,,,buy the proper adapter. It available at most RV Suppliers.
MSGCOONS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane