Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2013, 06:32 AM   #1

Putting DVD to rear TV

2014 3170DS....I have had similar problems getting the DVD feed to the middle and rear TV. I had success but at some point in last trip, connection between front DVD player and split box got loose so only getting black and white picture on middle and rear TV. I know it is the connection from dash DVD to split box because I connected a seperate DVD to the split box and it worked pefectly (better picture than the dash DVD ever had).

So here is my question. I want to add a DVD to the rear TV.......I see where I can put it and I see how to connect to the TV. For those that have done this, how have you powered the DVD. I see there is a 12 volt outlet behind the rear TV so wondered about if there is a splitter for this cigarette lighter outlet or if the TV and DVD would be too much power for this outlet.

I see where people have done this I just cannot find on this formum the details of how. Your help would be appreciated.
Scooter81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:12 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Middle TV is not supposed to connect to the front DVD player. That has its own DVD player in the kids zone.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:20 AM   #3

Only partially true. Our center TV has a direct feed (on AV-1) from the center player....However in TV mode with switch-box DVD depressed it feeds the dash console DVD to the center TV.
Scooter81 is offline   Reply With Quote