Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2013, 03:14 PM   #1

Question about your Sunseeker 2250 or 2500

Thinking of getting a motorhome in several months, so of course for now, I'm busy over-thinking floor plans. When the bed slide of your 2250 or 2500 is “in,” how does the bed fold? Can the Missus and I sleep on the bed with the slide in, as in when stopping at a rest area? A photo if you can provide one would be helpful.

We appreciate comments on these Sunseekers in other threads but have not read anything on this. Thanks for your input!

Steve & Debbie
Proud owners of a Rockwood Mini-Lite 2109s
Starry2some is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:34 AM   #2
Sunseeker 2500TS owner

We recently bought a new 2014 2500TS. Our first choice when we went to look was the 2250 but once we saw the 2500TS, we knew it was what we wanted. We had looked a lot before we bought. The bed in both folds in half, mattress is split in middle across the bed. With the slide in you can not sleep on it. With slide out bed is very comfortable. If you did not want to put slide out you could sleep in bed over cab. Good luck. Emory in MD
ejkkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #3

Ditto what ekjjk said. I have a 2250 and the slide has to go out to use the bed. By the way, a ladder does not come with the 2250 so if you want to use the cab-over bunk you will need one. You can also use the dinette for a bunk if you aren't too tall. The real plus for me was that I wanted a small motor home but also a full size (80") bed and the 2250 is about the only one around that provides that benefit. At 6'1" I don't want the typical 74" bed manufacturers use because it saves them space and the corner beds used in smaller units don't work for me either. Good luck, get to a dealer or rv show and take a look at the units.
biglou847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #4

The nearest 2250 or 2500 is a hundred miles away and we wanted the input of owners before looking. Thank you both for your input!
Old 06-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #5

I find the 2250 bed to be excellent if you are tall(I'm 6-3) and want access from either side without crawling over your partner. We did add a 3 inch memory foam for comfort (the bed is like a board without it). You do have to slide it out to sleep on it. I do this at a rest stop or even a large parking lot and there is no problem for a short stay.
Bob Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #6

If it works for you at 6' 3", it should work for those of us not so blessed with height. Not sure I want to put out a slide at a rest area, but maybe I am paranoid. Thanks for the info, Bob!