Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2016, 02:35 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
It probably falls right here or something along these lines.

Tenant assumes RESPONSIBILITY for any loss or damage to property stored by Tenant in the
premises and may or may not elect to provide insurance coverage for the same. OWNER DOES NOT
MAINTAIN INSURANCE FOR THE BENEFIT OF TENANT; WHICH IN ANY WAY COVERS ANY LOSS
WHAT SO EVER THAT TENANT MAY HAVE OR CLAIM BY RENTING THE STORAGE SPACE OR
PREMISES AND EXPRESSLY RELEASES OWNER FROM ANY LOSSES AND/OR DAMAGES OR RIGHT OF SUBROGATION FOR LOSSES TO SAID PROPERTY CAUSED BY FIRE, THEFT, WATER,
RAINSTORMS, TORNADO, EXPLOSION, RIOT, RODENTS, CIVIL DISTURBANCES, INSECTS, SONIC
BOOM, LAND VEHICLES, UNLAWFUL ENTRY OR ANY OTHER CAUSE WHATSOEVER, NOR SHALL
OWNER BE LIABLE TO TENANT AND/OR TENANTS GUEST OR INVITEES FOR ANY PERSONAL
INJURIES SUSTAINED BY TENANT AND/OR TENANTS GUEST OR INVITEES WHILE ON OR ABOUT
OWNER’S PREMISES.
Just because that's what it says, it doesn't necessarily mean it's worth a damn in court. Especially the part about personal injuries.

Bruce
Old 04-11-2016, 02:47 PM   #22
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Oooops, should of been clearer. I didn't mean that from the standpoint of them knowing the rules and the OP to follow their lead

I meant it from the standpoint of them knowing exactly what they can and can't do such as what they can get away with so to say. They are going to do, or attempt to do, whatever benefits them the most from a financial standpoint within the law of the particular state.
I'm sorry as well. I was referring to the insurance company completely.. I was also not so clear. I meant the insurance company does not care if their repairs brand the title and cost the op grief on sale of the unit one day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 03:20 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
Just because that's what it says, it doesn't necessarily mean it's worth a damn in court. Especially the part about personal injuries.

Bruce
Lol. That was just a generic piece of text taken from the web as an example of the typical language in a lease contract for storage space. It was just a response to the question by the other poster about why the owner of the storage space would not be liable for a flood. It was not my intent to start a debate over the legalities of it. We do however appreciate your interpretation of it counselor.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 03:23 PM   #24
Who Dares, Wins

Not trying to continue the debate, I have no dog in it.. But, my sister who is an attorney, always told me to fight those boiler plate waivers since most of the time the did simply just cut and paste off some where. They are sometime hoping the average Joe would walk away thinking they had not right to sue... Not always.. But enough to just investigate. I am sure his insurance company will..

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 04-11-2016, 04:47 PM   #25

Quote:
Lol. That was just a generic piece of text taken from the web as an example of the typical language in a lease contract for storage space. It was just a response to the question by the other poster about why the owner of the storage space would not be liable for a flood. It was not my intent to start a debate over the legalities of it. We do however appreciate your interpretation of it counselor.
If it was not your intent to debate or be questioned on the legalities of it, why post it at all, Chicken Little?

Bruce
Old 04-11-2016, 04:53 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
If it was not your intent to debate or be questioned on the legalities of it, why post it at all, Chicken Little?

Bruce
Oh brother........funny stuff. That does not even deserve a response. What it does deserve is the ignore button.

Cya Bruce.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:16 PM   #27

I have used this same storage lot for 7 years, 5 for my TT and 2 for the MH (when not out). It is not in any flood prone area not by lakes rivers or bayous. It is located north of New Orleans and is actually above sea level (cannot say that for all of the New Orleans area). Never has it flooded there and there are no signs about responsibility. It is a local owned lot for boats and RVs. But with the torrential rains a few weeks ago everything changed. I just was asking if anyone thought it could be repaired and I believe the consensus is no. I will call Progressive tomorrow and voice my concerns again. Thanks everyone. I will keep you posted on my progress.
chucknviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 07:22 AM   #28

No get rid of it NOW I had one like that years ago the mold never stopped and electrical was always a problem. Talk to your insurance company and get rid of it FAST.
selkirk awards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:09 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
It sounds like it was in water for a long enough time to cause a significant amount of damage.
I used to buy salvage vehicles and rebuild them but I'd always stay away from flood vehicles because you never know what damage the water has done.

Joshua, can the storage binds and the part of the walls behind them be removed without taking the whole top part off?
Old 04-12-2016, 05:08 PM   #30

Chuck,
PM me if you have any insurance questions.
I too have Progressive on my MH but work for a competitor as an inspector in Cali.
I can teach you some buzz words and phrases to use if they give you issues.
Also- you might want to get an estimate form your local dealer for some ammo. You may have to pay for the estimate but it will be worth it in the long run. Tell your dealer you really want it totalled but to not over-inflate the estimate either- that will also piss off Progressive.
You should not fix this rig- IMO if there is a distinct waterline above the floor.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:20 PM   #31

Based on your description of the extent of the damage, if it were me, I would insist on it being totaled.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:43 PM   #32
Who Dares, Wins

Its ashame... Sounds like the OP wants it totaled but the insurance is not budging.. And of course they seem to have the power!

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 04-13-2016, 09:46 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Not trying to continue the debate, I have no dog in it.. But, my sister who is an attorney, always told me to fight those boiler plate waivers since most of the time the did simply just cut and paste off some where. They are sometime hoping the average Joe would walk away thinking they had not right to sue... Not always.. But enough to just investigate. I am sure his insurance company will..

Very true.. I managed a company owned by lawyers and they didn't have faith in their own waivers if we went to court.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 04:55 PM   #34
Class C Representative

You can't take any of the wall apart. The wall is one piece now and would need to be taken off and replaced as one piece.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 08:23 PM   #35

Thank you to everyone who gave me advice. Progressive called this afternoon to say they are totaling my MH. They are coming tomorrow with paperwork and a check. We have been extremely satisfied with Forest River with our warranty work and love tis forum as we have learned so much from ya'll. We are thinking of buying the FR3 30DS. This way we can be active on the FR3 forum to learn about our new MH. Thanks again.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:26 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucknviv View Post
Thank you to everyone who gave me advice. Progressive called this afternoon to say they are totaling my MH. They are coming tomorrow with paperwork and a check. We have been extremely satisfied with Forest River with our warranty work and love tis forum as we have learned so much from ya'll. We are thinking of buying the FR3 30DS. This way we can be active on the FR3 forum to learn about our new MH. Thanks again.
Good news.

Tags
2014, sunseeker