Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2016, 09:42 AM   #1

Questions about Sunseeker 2250SLE

Hi all,

I currently own a 2009 Solera and am considering trading in for a 2017 Sunseeker 2250SLE. I have a couple of questions if anyone can answer;

Will the driver's seat go all the way back and is the legroom adequate? I am 6-1 with long legs.

Do these have navigation standard?

Anything else I should know??

Thanks!

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:41 PM   #2
RGG

I have a 2015 model on a Ford E350 chassis.

Leg room is fine for me, and I am 6'3" 225 lbs.

Nav (Jensen) was standard on mine.

Make sure the free period for Sirius and map updates are not used up in the showroom before you pick it up. Only hassle I had.
RGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 06:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGG View Post
I have a 2015 model on a Ford E350 chassis.

Leg room is fine for me, and I am 6'3" 225 lbs.

Nav (Jensen) was standard on mine.

Make sure the free period for Sirius and map updates are not used up in the showroom before you pick it up. Only hassle I had.
Thanks! Although I hadn't planned on it, I drove 2 hrs and looked one over and test drove it today. I think it was fine and I'm buying it!

Old 06-18-2016, 11:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmor View Post
Hi all,

I currently own a 2009 Solera and am considering trading in for a 2017 Sunseeker 2250SLE. I have a couple of questions if anyone can answer;

Will the driver's seat go all the way back and is the legroom adequate? I am 6-1 with long legs.

Do these have navigation standard?

Anything else I should know??

Thanks!
I have a 2013 2250SLE on the Chevy 4500 chassis. I am 5'8" so plenty of room for me.

I was about to buy a 2017 2860 or 2861 but the seat was too close to the steering wheel for me and the Ford chassis has a larger hump between the seats that made it dfficult to go aft.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 06:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
I have a 2013 2250SLE on the Chevy 4500 chassis. I am 5'8" so plenty of room for me.

I was about to buy a 2017 2860 or 2861 but the seat was too close to the steering wheel for me and the Ford chassis has a larger hump between the seats that made it dfficult to go aft.
You are correct about the Ford larger engine intrusion (hump) - but I'm a Ford guy so I ignore that!

Old 06-19-2016, 06:58 AM   #6

Quote:
You are correct about the Ford larger engine intrusion (hump) - but I'm a Ford guy so I ignore that!
Our 2250 slec is a Chevy w/ legroom for the driver and more elbow room for the passenger. Moot points concerning your Ford influence.
Old 06-19-2016, 11:54 PM   #7
Sunseeker 2400MBW

Questions about Sunseeker 2250SLE

I was the one lobbying for a smaller Class C (my husband wanted a big Ford diesel truck and a 5th wheel) but when I saw the Ford trucks and the configuration for your feet I gave it up. Then we saw the MB diesel motor home with a wide slide and fell in love. I can't imagine why anyone would lit with their feet all jammed up for hours. It doesn't seem safe (blood clots?) or comfortable. But I see them all over the place, so I must really be a pansy. Poor hubs, he is a Ford fan so he was a little hurt, no Ford diesel.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:44 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyc7 View Post
I was the one lobbying for a smaller Class C (my husband wanted a big Ford diesel truck and a 5th wheel) but when I saw the Ford trucks and the configuration for your feet I gave it up. Then we saw the MB diesel motor home with a wide slide and fell in love. I can't imagine why anyone would lit with their feet all jammed up for hours. It doesn't seem safe (blood clots?) or comfortable. But I see them all over the place, so I must really be a pansy. Poor hubs, he is a Ford fan so he was a little hurt, no Ford diesel.
I'm actually moving from an MB back to the Ford E-450. After my test drive for me personally I found that the seating is fine for me. Anyway with cruise control you can keep your legs moving if that's a concern.

No question that the MB has a nice seating position, however my problem with them has been at least one mechanical failure each year for the past 6 years...and they are costly to repair. I know some will say the Ford won't be any better, but I've owned Fords (including trucks) for years w/out any problems, plus they are less costly to repair and more shops are available to work on them. With the MB I always have to worry whether or not I'll make it to my next destination each day.

Old 06-20-2016, 11:24 AM   #9

Driver position is pretty comfortable for me.
I am 5'10.
I like the seats also.
I put the swivel bracket on the passenger seat that raises it and moves it inward about 1.5 inches.
My wife also likes that because she sits higher up now (5'5")
Simple time tested design and drive train.
No Lexus by any means- but it works.
Chevy Express 4500.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:48 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Loss View Post
Driver position is pretty comfortable for me.
I am 5'10.
I like the seats also.
I put the swivel bracket on the passenger seat that raises it and moves it inward about 1.5 inches.
My wife also likes that because she sits higher up now (5'5")
Simple time tested design and drive train.
No Lexus by any means- but it works.
Chevy Express 4500.
Are you saying that the swivel reduces front legroom by 1.5 in. ?

Old 06-22-2016, 09:03 AM   #11

Quote:
Are you saying that the swivel reduces front legroom by 1.5 in. ?
The Chevy swivel moves the seat inward 1.5" and upward 1.5".
Actually gives you more legroom due to the added height.
Not sure about a Ford swivel.
Still pretty comfortable.
One reason why I did not put a swivel on the driver seat. I like it where it is.

Tags
sunseeker