Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2015, 09:56 AM   #21

Ours got crooked like that,except the otherway(close on bottom,out 1.5" more at the top) Our rear vertical seal doesnt touch the side of the slide anymore either(it did originally).It was one of the items on my extensive list I submitted to the dealer about a month ago. Dealer and FR said "it was not repairable at the dealer level" so its going back to the factory. Ours is a FWTH, but an out of whack slide is just that,no matter what brand.

Edit) wrong pic,this is a "before", not after it got out of tilt.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1960.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	319.0 KB
ID:	89920  
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 09:23 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbomax View Post
Ours got crooked like that,except the otherway(close on bottom,out 1.5" more at the top) Our rear vertical seal doesnt touch the side of the slide anymore either(it did originally).It was one of the items on my extensive list I submitted to the dealer about a month ago. Dealer and FR said "it was not repairable at the dealer level" so its going back to the factory. Ours is a FWTH, but an out of whack slide is just that,no matter what brand.

Edit) wrong pic,this is a "before", not after it got out of tilt.
Your wolf pack is only the second Wolf pack I have seen besides mine. How long is yours? Mine is called a 32' but is really 36' long. I have problems with the dinenet dose not go in all the way on the rear, I have tried to adjust it but no a vale.
Ditchdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 10:01 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchdigger View Post
Your wolf pack is only the second Wolf pack I have seen besides mine. How long is yours? Mine is called a 32' but is really 36' long. I have problems with the dinenet dose not go in all the way on the rear, I have tried to adjust it but no a vale.
Its a 315wp. 36'-11" overall.It is a fw,not tt. I made the dinette fixed,doesnt make a bunk. It was wobbely and with only 2 of us,its only a kitchen table.Here are pics of the whole unit. Sorry to the op for the hijack,but I couldnt post the pics on a pm.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2001.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	425.1 KB
ID:	89990   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2000.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	387.7 KB
ID:	89991  
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:35 AM   #24

Same problem with my Forester 2701DS

Besides my previous post on this topic, here is my own topic under Forester now with photos. Who's the Slide out manufacturer? - Page 2 - Forest River Forums

One thing I just discovered is the rear top and side fit snug when retracted and can't get fingers in under the lip. The front top and side aren't snug and I can easily get my fingers in under the lip.
2018 Camping 10 trips 38 nights
2019 Camping 6 trips 19 nights
2020 Camping 0 trips Cancellations 6
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:47 AM   #25
Class C Representative

We use two slides at Sunseeker/Forester one is schwintek which will be square at all times. The other is a Lippert above floor slide. By design this slide sticks out at the bottom an inch or two more than the top depending on whether it is in or out. As long as you are still getting a seal when you are brining it in then you're fine.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 02:11 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
We use two slides at Sunseeker/Forester one is schwintek which will be square at all times. The other is a Lippert above floor slide. By design this slide sticks out at the bottom an inch or two more than the top depending on whether it is in or out. As long as you are still getting a seal when you are brining it in then you're fine.
that's funny, mike told me the slide being out of square is normal. you guys should get on the same page about what story you are going to tell people...
poorbuthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 11:13 PM   #27

We have a 2007 2860DS Sunseeker. Ours is also tilted. However, on the last two trips, the bedroom slideout has been rubbing against the cornice board when opening and closing the slide. Any ideas what it might be?
rlchall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 12:03 AM   #28

As we were winterizing our unit this weekend, we noticed that the drivers side slide (Lippert slide) is now rubbing and scratching on the side right by the drivers door. The rubber seal comes out the bottom half when extended, which is the way it should be but the top half doesn't come out anymore. The seal on the right side of the slide is just find. Seems like a bit more room for the seal on the right side and real tight on the left side when look at the slide from the side of the MH. Has anyone had this problem before?
2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, slide