Old 08-03-2016, 11:52 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
I would hope it's more than those units mentioned. I have a 2017 Sunseeker - haven't looked at the build date yet since I'm at work, but as you can see in the picture below, I have had water in my rear lens. I will be contacting my dealer in reference to this.........

Actually, it looks like your blinker fluid is low... Check out this video on resolving this problem.. https://youtu.be/E6GsXhBb10k

Sorry about your issues, sometimes a little humor is all we can have...

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:17 PM   #12
DW's Retirement Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
Actually, it looks like your blinker fluid is low... Check out this video on resolving this problem.. https://youtu.be/E6GsXhBb10k

After watching the video.... I found you are correct! My blinker fluid WAS low.
That video is a hoot.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 01:13 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post

Hilarious!

Forester 2451s
Old 10-06-2016, 03:35 PM   #14

Recall 16V465

I too received my official recall notice back on Aug 12, 2016 from FR and have been waiting for notice from them on when they will have a solution to this electrical module controlling all the exterior lighting. Does any one know what is happening to get this safety issue resolved. Called my dealer today and they wanted a copy of my official notice so that they could follow up with FR. They stated that they will call me back as soon as they either have a solution or have the proper parts to get this resolved. Have been leaving my MH in storage until this is solved. Luckly I live in Southern CA and we have not had rain for some time.

Any responses would be helpful
Thanks
Bill
Old 10-06-2016, 04:21 PM   #15

More crap == more problems
Old 10-07-2016, 05:04 PM   #16

Recall Electronic Module

Hi again,

Well I have received a reply from my dealer. They stated that the issue and solution is still being worked out and the only solution right now is to replace the failed module with one that is the same as the problem one. THIS IS NOT A SOLUTION!!! Remember this is a problem if the module gets wet. This controller module is under the MH just in front of the rear bumper. Road moisture from driving in the rain or power washing the MH with water getting to the underside of the MH can cause this module to fail. If it fails the STOP, TURN, RUNNING, and TAIL LIGHTs will all fail. In my book that is a very large safety problem that needs to be addressed ASAP. This module is not in the engine compartment. There is all kinds of discussion about this issue within this forum and in the SPRINTER forum in addition to that which is in this tread. Do a search if you want to see these discussions.

In the mean time my dealer did state that this is a problem that MB and FR are working to solve. It is a MB chassis issue but FR & dealers will be handling the repair (free of charge) if it ever gets solved. In reading some of the other discussions in the other forums, some owners of the units that have the issue are taking matters in their own hands and doing all kinds of re-wiring, moving the module to a different sealed locations and other creative actions to circumvent the issue. My own thoughts would be not to do this in my case because I am not that knowledgeable in electronics or electrical / wiring theory or methods. I am also not physically capable of getting under my unit due to health concerns. So as stated in my earlier reply I am parking my unit in storage.

Needless to say I am not a happy camper with MB or FR.
Bill
Old 10-07-2016, 09:38 PM   #17

Don't blame Mercedes

Are you aware of any non-Forest River built Mercedes Sprinter based motorhomes that have also been recalled for this problem? I'm not.

The problem does not appear to be the MB installed harnesses - it's the harness and/or Curt controller installed by Forest River. So let's place the blame and frustration where it belongs.

Several of us have modified either the controller itself, where it is located and/or provided a weatherproof installation and I have not heard of any instances where these modifications did not cure the problem.

Search "Curt Controller" on this forum and you will find plenty of discussion.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:32 PM   #18

Recall - Lets not blame MB

Hi Katanapilot

Sorry if you mis-understood my post. All I am doing is waiting for MB and FR to come up for a solution to the problem.

According to my Recall letter and my discussions with my dealer and FR they are waiting for MB who is "working feverishly to manufacture the remedy for the subject module" This is a quote from my recall letter ( Please see my attached Recall Letter, the section under the paragraph "What should you do"

As for making adjustments to the problem on your own, more power to you. You seem to be capable of doing this sort of thing. In my case, as I stated in my second post I am not capable of going under my MH to do this kind of work. I have no experience with electronic gadgets, wiring or anything to do with such a task. I will leave that up to younger mechanics who are not suffering with bad knees and hips and know what they are doing with this module.

Have a great day and be safe out there on the road.
Bill
Attached Files
File Type: pdf img003.pdf (622.7 KB, 26 views)
Old 10-08-2016, 01:10 PM   #19

I'm a bit surprised

Having read your recall notice, it appears that FR is "waiting" for MB to engineer the solution.

Having said that, I will say that I don't think it has anything to do with MB or the MBS chassis. If that were the case, I think there would be a lot more MBS-based motorhomes being recalled. As far as I know, the Forest River manufactured units are the only ones.

So I completely understand how one would interpret the failure(s) and subsequent recall notice to mean that the issues are the fault of the chassis manufacturer and not the coach manufacturer.

All I'm saying is that I don't believe that to be accurate.

Interesting that the letter FR sent to the dealers did not implicate MB at all in the failure. http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...V465-2639.docx

I don't blame you for not wanting to get involved fixing the defect, nor do I blame you for not wanting to drive your MH until the recall solution is implemented. I have little to no interest in dealing with FR or any of their dealers unless absolutely necessary. I have found them to be difficult to deal with at best and incompetent at the worst. Which is why I came up with my own solution (based on the work others have posted here). So far, that modification has worked.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:34 PM   #20

[ find it ironic that Coachman Sprinter based motorhome are not included. Maybe they have the solution to this problem. After all Forest River has owned Coachman since 2008.

Tags
recall