Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2016, 11:09 PM   #21

Such hostility...go sit by a camp fire.
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 11:27 PM   #22
Senior

I can not fathom why you need to make that remark. I think if anything you are being hostile when I was trying to find a solution to the problem with the taillights that malfunction.
sailski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:18 AM   #23

I'm with hockeytownmom.
budblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 01:49 PM   #24

Sailski, my comment wasn't for you.
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 05:28 PM   #25
Senior

Thanks hockey town mom. I couldn't figure out what was so offensive.
sailski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 05:06 AM   #26

Was this comment for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeytownmom View Post
Such hostility...go sit by a camp fire.
If so, let me ask you - since it appears that you don't even own an MBS motorhome, how does this recall even affect you? I do and it does. Have you developed and installed a solution to the taillight issue? I did and have.

I feel for the OP is who has decided to park his motorhome until FR finally develops and distributes a solution. I expect he is making payments and/or watching his expensive asset sit unusable during this time. I am fortunate to have the ability and facilities to work on mine. I don't know how many times you have worked on your MH or tried to get FR and the dealer to fix your issues. For me, trips to the dealers are simply an exercise in frustration. Warranty service for me during the warranty period was basically non-existent. Calls to FR went unanswered until after I fixed the issues myself.

So while sitting by a campfire might be relaxing, some of us are actually working on solutions to our problems. Please tell me how you have contributed to fixing the issue presented by the OP?
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 05:58 AM   #27

My mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatanaPilot View Post
If so, let me ask you - since it appears that you don't even own an MBS motorhome, how does this recall even affect you? I do and it does. Have you developed and installed a solution to the taillight issue? I did and have.

I feel for the OP is who has decided to park his motorhome until FR finally develops and distributes a solution. I expect he is making payments and/or watching his expensive asset sit unusable during this time. I am fortunate to have the ability and facilities to work on mine. I don't know how many times you have worked on your MH or tried to get FR and the dealer to fix your issues. For me, trips to the dealers are simply an exercise in frustration. Warranty service for me during the warranty period was basically non-existent. Calls to FR went unanswered until after I fixed the issues myself.

So while sitting by a campfire might be relaxing, some of us are actually working on solutions to our problems. Please tell me how you have contributed to fixing the issue presented by the OP?
My mistake - it was not the OP, but a later poster who got his recall notice and parked his MBS-based MH.
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 07:33 PM   #28

Has anyone had the recall done yet? Took possession of my Forester and it looks like all they did was replace the module. It is still mounted on the rear bumper with no additional water proofing. Forest River did provide me with a Recall letter so I can bring it back home so I assuming that's the official fix.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1482625977460.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	127014  
gmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 03:51 PM   #29

We have a 2016 sunseeker ds with the same problem I just went out today to check and it looks like the photos posted. We never got a recall notice either.
Steveanddianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:01 PM   #30

Recall Notice

We have the same issue what type of clear silicone did you use? I stopped at an auto parts store tonight and all they had was one that he said was permanent. He said its all they have but said you won't be able to remove it once applied I was didn't get it
Old 05-04-2017, 09:48 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveanddianne View Post
We have the same issue what type of clear silicone did you use? I stopped at an auto parts store tonight and all they had was one that he said was permanent. He said its all they have but said you won't be able to remove it once applied I was didn't get it
I used DAP household premium solvent based adhesive/sealant.(Same stuff I use in the bathroom)
Cleans up with mineral spirits.
Lasts a long time.
Just used it to seal up some areas on my truck where I attached aux lights.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:09 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Loss View Post
I used DAP household premium solvent based adhesive/sealant.(Same stuff I use in the bathroom)
Cleans up with mineral spirits.
Lasts a long time.
Just used it to seal up some areas on my truck where I attached aux lights.

Thanks very much I need to apply it to a around the plastic center lens on the rear lights and screws. This is what forest river recommended. So I didn't want to use anything that would damage the plastic or be permanent. Thanks steve
Old 05-04-2017, 10:36 AM   #33
Citrus County, Fl.

I had the same problem with moisture in the right tail light module shortly after picking our 3011 up in June 2015. I picked up a can of Flexshot. Removed the backup lens and let the module dry out and then applied a thin bead and replaced the lens. No moisture since then.

https://www.amazon.com/Flex-Shot-Whi...ot+white&psc=1
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recall