Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2018, 05:41 PM   #1

Recliners for 3010

I know this topic has been discussed before, but doing a search doesn’t come
Up with my question. I’m trying to decide between the Rec Pro dual recliner and the Thomas Payne dual recliner. I don’t want the middle section cup holder. I like the Thomas Payne because I’ve actually been somewhere and sat on it and is very comfortable. The price is several hundred more than the rec pro, but I guess I’m willing to pay more if it’s better quality. My main concern is, will I have to change the slide platform that it sits on and build it out to make it work? I thought I remember someone saying they had to, but couldn’t find anything. Also, if someone has the rec pro, are you happy with it and did you have to modify anything to make it work? Thanks in advance.
carol108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:54 PM   #2

We have the Rec Pro and are very happy. No mods were needed .Very easy to recline & comfy ! The best fit that goes back to the wall , giving floor space up . The Rec Pro looks awesome & we love them .
Old 08-11-2018, 08:35 AM   #3

I just installed Rec Pro in 2014 SS 3170. Product excellent and Rec Pro easy to deal with. Be sure to understand the minimum depth requirements they state on the website. For my model the min depth allowing for overhang ( which the sofa I removed did) was 39 inches My bad— I was not careful and botched the measurement as depth of my slide out platform is 33 inches.As a result, my Charles 58 will not fully recline because the back binds against the edge of the window and then the wall below. The footrest comes up and there is a slight recline. Under consideration is an extension to the front of the slide strong enough to accept screwing down the horizontal frame piece at the front of the unit so as to move the back out from the window/wall without adversely affecting slide operation. Suggestions from other owners about their installs will help me and you.
Dspoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 02:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dspoor View Post
I just installed Rec Pro in 2014 SS 3170. Product excellent and Rec Pro easy to deal with. Be sure to understand the minimum depth requirements they state on the website. For my model the min depth allowing for overhang ( which the sofa I removed did) was 39 inches My bad— I was not careful and botched the measurement as depth of my slide out platform is 33 inches.As a result, my Charles 58 will not fully recline because the back binds against the edge of the window and then the wall below. The footrest comes up and there is a slight recline. Under consideration is an extension to the front of the slide strong enough to accept screwing down the horizontal frame piece at the front of the unit so as to move the back out from the window/wall without adversely affecting slide operation. Suggestions from other owners about their installs will help me and you.

Thanks for the info. I may have someone buying my sofa tomorrow, so it may make it easier to see how much room I have front to back on the slide. Not sure if it will be the same on the 3170 as the 3010, but knowing the manufacturers have the info on their website is helpful.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:21 PM   #5

I just ordered the rec pro today after looking at numerous different recliners. 4seating.com had some really nice recliners, but the model I was looking for has been discontinued. The other option I liked only came in power and I didn’t want to get into running power to them with the slide out. I also like Thomas Payne. A couple Rv stores have them in their showrooms and are very comfortable, but they need more space behind the recliner to fully decline than the rec pro needs. I should have it in the next few days. I plan on putting one section on the platform and figuring out how much it will need to be built out so I can fully decline it. I looked at a Forester 3011 on the lot while I was at the store, that had a recliner installed from the factory. First of all, it wasn’t comfortable at all. I did crawl around to see what they did to fasten it. The recliner overhung the slide by at least 3” and was bolted down with lag bolts to the metal frame of the sofa. They used that rubber molding you would run along a wall or under kitchen cabinets to finish it off. Can’t say it looked great, but not too bad either. I was thinking maybe I’d run carpet over the top and maybe the rubber molding on the front or possibly wrap the carpet around the front. Hoping to work on it over the weekend. I’ll put pictures on when I complete it.