Old 11-12-2015, 08:40 AM   #31
Class C Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
Make sure that whatever you do buy, it comes with an oversized whine rack.

Bruce
Winner! Wine racks for everyone!

The 3050/51 doesn't have a specifically engineered recliner. It is something we have been and will continue to work on it's just not available at this time.

The theatre seating option would have to be discussed with your dealer. They may be able to give you a better deal or option.

PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 11:14 AM   #32

Have you looked at the gt3 30x3? I will not buy another RV where I have to turn my head like a contortionist to watch TV. When will these RV designers get their heads out of their u know what.

Old 11-12-2015, 12:27 PM   #33
Citrus County, Fl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markangie24 View Post
Yes have looked at everything on the market. Smaller bed size since the 3050/1 has the full queen at 60x80 not the same in the model mentioned. What I was saying the company that FR owns and is supposedly the bottom of the FR line has the seat needed with the proper TV placement at a much cheaper cost. We are the folks with the money wanting to buy what we need, not what you want to sell us. If you would listen to the consumer we are telling you what we will buy. The 3050/51 needs the recliner option with proper TV placement. The bed is right, the bathroom is big enough, the full size fridge is perfect,but we need more of the comforts of home and that is comfortably watching TV. I am actively seeking a new RV Class C or A that suits my needs not yours. Not all class Cs need to be designed for larger families, but for the consumer. You have the tools available in your other lines to make the 3050/1 a kick ass Class C. The Coachmen holding tanks are too small compared or I would look at them. I want to be a Forest River follower and owner, but they do not meet my simple needs. I would spend a lot more to meet our needs as the consumer. But if simple options are not offered I will spend our money elsewhere to meet our needs. Sorry Joshua but this was a very simple request from you buyers!!
x3 on the fact Joshua is here on his own, give him a break!! Good luck with that on other brands. He and Brian bent over backwards to help us with our purchase. You are NOT going to find the perfect RV unless you custom order one from one of the manufactures that do so and pay double the money.

A few things to note: 1) the 3050/51 does not have the TV across from the couch, only the 3010/11 and the GTS do as far as I know. Coachman may have it but it also has a rubber roof. 2) The shorter mattress can be compensated for with a 6" piece of foam at the head of the bed when set up. 3) Think about where you are spending the most time and work with that as your priority area. Our bathroom/shower is small in our 3011 but manageable and we don't spend most of our time there. Remember, most likely you are camping a few weeks a year and not full timing. 4) FR will work with you to some degree on customization....we were the first to get the pull down shades and we also we able to get a window eliminated over the bed, both of which are now standard in our model.

I see you are a seasoned user on here and assume you currently have an RV and just wonder how that experience went?

Good luck with you purchase
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 02:40 PM   #34

Give it up. Yes I do have a 2013 Sunseeker 2450S and love it. All we were asking for is a recliner unit that comes standard in other Forest River products be added as an option to the couch, non slide solid floor. This RV purchase was to take a wounded vet around the countryside for the last few months of his life. The bed size, recliner couch, full size fridge and bathroom size is not negotiable. A company has contacted me and has immediately started modifying one of theres on the line this morning and are providing at half the cost of the 3050/1 and will be delivered NLT Thanksgiving. We needed a Class C because he wants to visit a lot of state parks in the travels. I was trying to get something simple done as I was instructed to do, but some of the stupid comments received could not go without a response!!
Old 11-16-2015, 08:47 AM   #35

Recliners in 2016 3050/3051

I will preface this post by saying we "Don't RV,we Camp"so I'll say that what we thought we wanted and what we actually use are two different animals all together.
After two complete seasons we realize how much we use the outside Kitchen on the 2860 and how nice it is.We use this TV while outside cooking and eating at dinner time
The Coachman out side kitchen is cheap and "tent camper like"and would have been the sacrifice for the interior with recliners,fireplace and pop up TV.
In reality we hardly ever sit on the couch and watch the big TV. By the time we do all our activities and come in from our camp fire,We watch TV in bed
So that "Awesome"Coachman floor plan is cool on the lot or at the RV show but in reality the 2860 is how we camp.the big TV never got plugged in for the last three trips!I We recline by the camp fire and in bed.
Thank goodness I didn't buy what I think I wanted and actually got what we really needed and use.
'93 Coleman pop ups (I'm Dad)
'04 Fleetwood Jamboree 26q
'14 Sunseeker 2860DS
trdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 03:05 PM   #36
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markangie24 View Post
Give it up. Yes I do have a 2013 Sunseeker 2450S and love it. All we were asking for is a recliner unit that comes standard in other Forest River products be added as an option to the couch, non slide solid floor. This RV purchase was to take a wounded vet around the countryside for the last few months of his life. The bed size, recliner couch, full size fridge and bathroom size is not negotiable. A company has contacted me and has immediately started modifying one of theres on the line this morning and are providing at half the cost of the 3050/1 and will be delivered NLT Thanksgiving. We needed a Class C because he wants to visit a lot of state parks in the travels. I was trying to get something simple done as I was instructed to do, but some of the stupid comments received could not go without a response!!
So what floor plan did you end up with that met your needs?
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 04:48 PM   #37

I have a disabled husband, so I would like to know what company and which model. That company deserves a huge shout-out
Old 11-20-2015, 05:01 PM   #38
GM

Just to be clear, the issue is not just Forest River. We don't build the furniture. We have to rely on our supplier to build something that would fit...and while I know every is saying "well the slide out gets one" those are built short to sit on the slide floor. You don't see the slide floor because the front foot portion covers it. You could possibly make those work on the "3050 flat floor" by building a box to replicate the slide floor.

The OTHER issue is then making sure that assembly passes a seat belt pull test including all the weight you just added with the box and recliners.

So just to summarize....
Supplier has to design recliners that would work on flat floor in a motorized environment (no one rides in a trailer going down the road so they just have to throw a residential lazy boy in).
Forest River would then need to build a test room.
Send test room and recliners over to testing facility to pull test.
If it passes great, we then need to redesign the floor to match the test room (with reinforcements in the floor for seat belts)
If it does not pass, we can do it all over again until it does.

No one is trying to deny someone what they want to buy. It's finding the time to do this for a handful or requests when they're in the middle of designing a whole new model.

Now a company smaller than Forest River might not think its any big deal just to put a couple of recliners in a unit and send it on its way....maybe with a sticker that say "not for sitting while traveling"...or just take a chance and hope for the best.

What seems simple is not really simple at all. Or, we ship without the sofa there and you the customer can put in recliners because then the liability is yours.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 11-20-2015, 05:31 PM   #39

Well, Brian...I guess I'm just going to have to give up on this one, if I want to buy a 3050/3051. I just hope that soon after we get our new MH, you guys don't make the recliners optional.....that would pi** me off for sure.
Toad: 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:56 PM   #40
GM

Well, I'm not over there anymore...just figured I'd give my insight into why it's not as simple as it seems. I do know a flush floor theater seat was designed....but I was gone before I ever saw it go past that stage. In their court now.

Tags